Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #21

i do it with slides in
locogk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #22

First thing mine does after hitting 'auto level' is dip the front of the unit a BUNCH, then move stuff up/down/right/left etc. I have no idea what hitting 'auto level' would do after slides are out and unit is level........and not sure I wanna know.

and if my slides drooped after I leveled, and if I then leveled the slides, I'd think the main floor would now be out of level, no???

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #23

Leveling

We have a 2016 25 ft Forest River Forester 2401 MBS with a full body slide! We bought it in Summer 2015! Our first Trip out was Cross Country West to East Coast and back (just under 3 months). Small West Coast coastal trip once back! Then Fall 2016 Cross Country and back again! We park on our oldest daughters driveway in Manassas for about a month each time--like having our own right sized condo with us!! In any event, we've learned to pretty much estimate accurately the leveling "before" the slide is out! Occasionally we are off, but most of the time we are right on target! Of course, we always try to find fairly level sites, but LOL on that! Dan, Gerda, & Sprinkles 😎😴🐕
Dan n Gerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
My camper has 2 slides on the same side and here's what I did. I leveled the camper and opened the slides up. I noticed that the side with the slides now sat 1" lower than before. Now, whenever I go camping, I set up the camper so the slides side is 1" higher so when the slides are deployed, it rests level.
X2 on what Tim said.

Remember not all trailers are the same. Some 1 slide, some 2 or 3. Some have all slides on same side, some on opposite sides counterbalancing each other. Sit your rig up level, extend all slides, then note the amount out of level. Then each time set up the trailer a bit high if needed to be level when all slides are extended.
For me I set the left side one inch high before deploying my slide. It ends up level.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
First thing mine does after hitting 'auto level' is dip the front of the unit a BUNCH, then move stuff up/down/right/left etc. I have no idea what hitting 'auto level' would do after slides are out and unit is level........and not sure I wanna know.

and if my slides drooped after I leveled, and if I then leveled the slides, I'd think the main floor would now be out of level, no???
I have auto level, and yes it does dip a lot on the front when first activated. They do that intentionally. Mine does not do this on subsequent auto level activation.

I always level before deploying my slides and I most often hit the auto level again the next day to compensate for any settling that may have occurred if I'm not on a hard slab. Often times after being somewhere for several days, the levelup display may show plus or minus a tenth on side to side and/or front to back. I tap the autolevel and it will usually activate and barely move to get back to "zero". Sometimes it just says "autolevel success" so I assume that it thinks it is close enough.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #26

Just keep it simple.

Our TT has one slide but there is a procedure for setting up each and every time. We remove the spring bars and check left to right level, the use level blocks under the wheels on the proper side of the TT. I always make sure the slide side is slightly higher (usually the case anyway using block wheel levelers). Then we decouple and level the trailer front to back. Then the slide-side stabilizers go down followed by the door-side stabilizers. Then the slide goes out. Violá, it's level with the bubble dead center. Takes a little thought but it works every time.
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #27
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmac43 View Post
Thanks everyone . All great suggestions. Thanks for the help.
I feel a little bit more confident.
I used to question this also. I just bought a 6-point auto level 5r. The auto level will not work if any slide is out. So.....
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 AM   #28

on our new TH we have the wheels exposed with the slide out extended. we recently purchased the Anderson leveling system but haven't tried it yet as we are set up on a seasonal lot but frequently take the unit on the road. will have our first opportunity this weekend to test the theory but we do notice the slide out drops the driver side a fair amount once extended.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #29

When we first got our Windjammer, we leveled the trailer and moved the slides out. It went off level, so by trial and error we got it level with the slides out. We then moved the slides to the in position and, leaving the trailer slightly off level, we set the leveling gauge so it was showing level. Now, we just set the trailer to the "level" on the gauge and move out the slides and it is level. We don't worry about having the trailer at true level first because if we do and run the slides out, they will be off level when we run them back in since they tipped the trailer as they came out. I would think it is a wash for the side to side level as to whether they are level going out or going back in. Besides it feels better when we are level when the slides are out. (Yes, we do level front to back before deploying the slides.)
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
I have auto level, and yes it does dip a lot on the front when first activated. They do that intentionally. Mine does not do this on subsequent auto level activation.

I always level before deploying my slides and I most often hit the auto level again the next day to compensate for any settling that may have occurred if I'm not on a hard slab. Often times after being somewhere for several days, the levelup display may show plus or minus a tenth on side to side and/or front to back. I tap the autolevel and it will usually activate and barely move to get back to "zero". Sometimes it just says "autolevel success" so I assume that it thinks it is close enough.
X2. After I'm totally set up and ready to sit down, I'll auto level again. Usually moves very little if any at all. If we are off a hard surface for an extended time, I'll auto level again after a few days.
2020 F350 SRW Crew Cab
si camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #31

So some say you can and some say you can't autolevel again after doing it the initial time and the slides are now out. Guess I'll just have to check mine for myself next trip.. Whenever that might be.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #32

We don't have an auto leveler but I do have a hoppy hitch level. In short, you turn the dial until the rear bubble is centred, then read the gauge at the bottom to see how many inches the low side needs to come level (in the picture below, the road side needs 1/2").

In the driveway with the slide closed, I centred the bubble, then opened the slide. No change in my case - the bubble was still centred.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #33

We have to add 1.5 inches under our tires one side before putting the slides out. Our 323RBX has 1 slide on the door side and 2 on the other side, one of which is a super slide. Levels up every time this way with no problems.
Nights camped: ‘18 - 27, ‘19 - 27, ‘20 - 30, ‘21 - 49

twohand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide