Old 04-02-2016, 12:00 PM   #1

Slides Stop When Retracting and Extending

I have a Sandpiper 371 REBH new last year slides worked fine all last year. I picked it up from storage and having issue with the slides they start then stop I can let up the button and re-press it and it will start again or sometimes have to wait for 5-30 seconds. It can do it up to 5 times to get them in or out. I have it plugged into the house so power should be good. It is cold when this happens 30-40 in day 20's at night. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Old 04-02-2016, 12:11 PM   #2

Sounds like a weak battery. The slides operate from the DC side and even though you are plugged in to power your battery may not be up to charge... Check your battery...

I just saw a recent post of battery charge vs voltage measurement on this forum but can't remember who posted it. Maybe they will see this thread and post it here..

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #3

took the battery out over the winter and had it on a trickle charger and since I put it back in the camper its been hooked to the house doesn't that keep the charge up on the battery? the battery was new last year maybe bad battery?
Old 04-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #4

It sounds like maybe your converter is not putting out enough power to keep the battery charged. Do a test on both the battery (with it disconnected) and the output of the converter (with the battery connected) Disconnected you should somewhere above 12V at the battery with the with the converter connected and attached to your house somewhere around 13.5. Do the slides work fine when plugged into shore power?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:24 PM   #5

By shore power you mean 30/50amp no this coming weekend we are going for a couple days and will have it hooked up, have it just hooked to the garage plug right now, cant find my meter once I do will check. the battery is an interstate HD24-DP. just frustrating no problems all last year just since I picked it up from storage. I was thinking it could be just that it is cold and the fluid is just thicker putting a little strain on it. only in MI 65 the other day and around 30 today and snow. should of tried it on the 60 degree day ..lol
Old 04-02-2016, 01:32 PM   #6

It's probably your battery. When you put it in storage did you disconnect the battery or disconnect via a battery kill switch?
The shore power just runs the converter. You have the converter on right? The converter charges your battery and I'm not sure if the converter can supply enough current to run your hydraulic slide motor.

Do you have a Lippert 6 point auto level system? If you do on the control panel if you hit the up arrow of the selection panel and scroll thru the selections one of the readings on the display will be your battery voltage. At least it is that way on our CC 33IK.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:34 PM   #7

My bad.. Missed your earlier post about you removing your battery but I still think it is your culprit..

Old 04-02-2016, 02:48 PM   #8
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

It sounds to me that the autoreset 12v circuit breaker is tripping from the amperage load. If the battery is weak and is causing a voltage drop, the effect is amps go up. This will cause the circuit breaker to trip until it cools off and autoresets.
Start with taking the battery out to a service center and have it load tested. If it passes then reinstall making sure all the battery connections are clean.
If problem still exists, I'd replace the circuit breaker.
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:43 PM   #9

If nothing else changed over the winter I have to suspect it's the battery.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
If nothing else changed over the winter I have to suspect it's the battery.
I don't know your system but all the suggestions I would try. If your unit came with the level up system and hydraulic slides also that could be your problem being the temps you have posted. If yours are electric then go through the check list that everyone has posted. just a guess but there is a warning on those temps....Good Luck..

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out