Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #1

Question slides will not work

i have a 2012 georgetown xl mh and im having problems with the slides and jacks. i lowered the jacks and before they completed there cycle i blew a fuse. i also tried to extend the slides and nothing. is there anyone who had this problem. i have a call in for the service man. things like this only happen on weekends thanks
gulcynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #2

On my 378 there is a resettable breaker in the battery compartment area.

Hope this helps

Also what model do u have and are the control lights functioning?

Gary
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #3

i have the same model 378. i reset the breaker and got the jacks to raise but the slides will not work . is there another breaker for the slides or do you think the battery is low.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #4

i dont know what you mean by the control lights. i also had the generator running to charge the battery but still no slides
Old 10-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #5

There's a 15 amp fuse in the battery box, that controls the slides, I bet it's blown.
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #6

thanks for the tip , i will check it out tomorrow. i also have a phone call into service manager. i will let you all know what they find.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by armye7 View Post
There's a 15 amp fuse in the battery box, that controls the slides, I bet it's blown.
I've located a 120 amp CB to Hyd pump from coach battery. None are marked for Lippert slides. Could it be F1 15 amp on FR dwg labeled "inverted ignition"? Would make sense, they will not operate with IGN on.
I've traced all other leads of the pump control harness including the PC board in the wire harness itself. Have not located the power supply for the slides control. Think this is it? All other fuses are labeled except two 5 amp and one 25 amp marked not used on the coach side bus. Thanks
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #8

That should be it, I have had problems with my slides a couple of times they would not go out. Under steps there a fuse box and there's a 15 amp fuse 2nd from the right that was blown.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #9

thanks for the great advice. i seen the fuses you are referring to and they look good to the eye but maybe they are are blown i seen the 25 and one 5 amp need to look alittle more for the other 5.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by armye7
That should be it, I have had problems with my slides a couple of times they would not go out. Under steps there a fuse box and there's a 15 amp fuse 2nd from the right that was blown.
Tks, i'll have mine here in a couple days, will check then.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #11

thanks again . i reset the breaker , that took care of the jacks and found a blown fuse 15 amp in the fuse box under the steps which took care of the slides. back up and running, thanks again.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #12

Glad to hear that, glad I was able to help.

Tags
jacks and slides