Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

Slides will retract but not extend

So I have a 2006 3500 DS with twin 12 foot slides. I was five days into an 11 day trip and thought I would go get more water and dump tanks. I slid in slides , raised the Big Foots and off I went, filled the fresh water, dumped the tanks then headed back to camp site. I backed in and levelled up. Then I went to slide out and neither of the slides would go out. I don't know what to think. I changed out my dual slide module, but still the same problem. My DW has the pressure on me now cause I spent the money on the module and that did not fix it. The slides will retract and the electric breaks are working, so I need information about the ignition interlock for slide operation. I am new to this forum but I have learned a lot here and read it daily. Thanks in advance for any help. Mark
Danesville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #2

35' 2012 Wildwood Forest River - Floor holding ding table/chairs and sofa seems to be sagging towards the wall... or is it the whole room?

Nothing like sitting in the living room and looking at a a table and chairs that lean towards the wall!

Any suggestions? The underneath rails seem too to droop downwards. I'v placed jacks under the frame rails to prevent any more drooping if that is the issue, but need to get this addressed?

For a $30-K plus trailer, sure seems to have some quality issues.... the plastic squirrel cage on the furnace has already disintegrated, the plastic ice maker line separated at the connector causing a slight flood, and the roof leaks over the shower at the skylight... so, now the floor issue.

Any suggestions?
car7236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:57 AM   #3
RJJ

Slides will retract but not extend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesville View Post
So I have a 2006 3500 DS with twin 12 foot slides. I was five days into an 11 day trip and thought I would go get more water and dump tanks. I slid in slides , raised the Big Foots and off I went, filled the fresh water, dumped the tanks then headed back to camp site. I backed in and levelled up. Then I went to slide out and neither of the slides would go out. I don't know what to think. I changed out my dual slide module, but still the same problem. My DW has the pressure on me now cause I spent the money on the module and that did not fix it. The slides will retract and the electric breaks are working, so I need information about the ignition interlock for slide operation. I am new to this forum but I have learned a lot here and read it daily. Thanks in advance for any help. Mark

Mark, Since your slides came in and wouldn't extend again, are you sure the retract would now work? A lot of people have issues with the resettable breakers tripping. Is that what you meant by electric breaks are working? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476798714.836463.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	123318the resettable breaker is like the one circled in the left of this pic. Is it making any noise at all or just dead? I might not have helped, but may get ball rolling so someone can chime in. :-)

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
RJJ

CAR7236, you and the OP have different units and different problems. You should start a new thread, so the two don't get jumbled up in responses.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:00 PM   #5

Thanks RJJ , they do retract and the brakes I was referring to are the ones on the back of the drive. No noise and I maintain my gear drives and bearings , when they work they work very well and I actually like my slide drive better than any of the new ones I have seen. Thanks for your help and I will check for tripped overload
Old 10-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #6

Slide won't retract

Different slide that yours but my symptom was the same. Traced it down to the switch on wall, one of the contacts was not making a good connection.
saltyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #7

Thanks Saltyman but I didn't tell the DW that I had also ordered and replaced all the switches thinking that would do it so I am beginning to think it is a ground problem and if DW finds out about the switchs on top of the module, I will probably be living in the motor home
Old 10-18-2016, 11:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesville View Post
if DW finds out about the switchs on top of the module, I will probably be living in the motor home
Well, just head to the nearest CG and
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:16 AM   #9

Maybe DW can do a better job than you are doing ???
LOL !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #10

In regards to living in Motorhome after DW finds out you have made booboo, been there, done that, got the Tee Shirt to prove it.
saltyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide