Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #1

Strange noise from slide out on road bumps

I have a 2016 Mirada 35LS that has a noise that sounds like rubbing your hand over an inflated balloon coming from the top of the large slide out when you are on a bumpy or uneven road. I have looked everywhere for some type of rubbing but can find nothing. Any ideas?
Dvanzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvanzee View Post
I have a 2016 Mirada 35LS that has a noise that sounds like rubbing your hand over an inflated balloon coming from the top of the large slide out when you are on a bumpy or uneven road. I have looked everywhere for some type of rubbing but can find nothing. Any ideas?
My first thought is the seal on the slide and slight movement while driving. Tried any lubrication on the seals ?
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
My first thought is the seal on the slide and slight movement while driving. Tried any lubrication on the seals ?

Yes, lubricated the gaskets that seals to the body of the coach. Is there a seal that is toward the top and not easily visible?
Old 07-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #4

I have the same sound (pretty loud at times) and it seems to be coming from the front of my large front slide. I tried lubricating the gasket and it did not help. I am now leaning towards the slide cover stop on the front. It could be too loose or too tight. I have not tried adjusting it yet, but when I get home from this trip, I am going to mess around with it.

Here is a picture of the same stop on the rear slide. It shows a little better because of the lighter colors.

AL
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide_cover_stop2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	146027
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #5

Searching for a fix

I have the same setup. The rear has a plastic plate cover on the coach but the front does not. I adjusted the screw that butts up against the plate but no differences. Will keep trying until I find the problem because the noise is driving me crazy. Let me know if you discover anything.

Dave V

Tags
noise, slide, slide out