Old 11-16-2018, 01:17 PM   #1

Stuck slide

I have a 2011 Grey Wolf with one slide. The left side of the slide will not move out. The error code is 8. I tried the override several times but does not work. Pretty sure it is a Schwintek motor that probably needs to be replaced. Problem is I cannot move the slide out far enough to get to the outside screw that would release the motor and I cannot access the motor from the inside because of a wall without moving the slide out. The slide will not budge by manually trying to push it while activating the slide switch.
Any ideas on how to get at the motor to remove it?
Thanks.
PS the videos from Lippert and others on YouTube did not help.

Herx48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #2

you in a tough spot . you need to access where the wires plug into the motor . 1 if you can see if any wires are broke off from the plug to the motor . 2 if not you can use power from a electric drill battery to power the motor from the wires at the control panel . black and red un plug the harness for the motor that will not come out on left or right then using the battery you can put power to the red and black wires , + - if you hook up and it wants to move in switch the wires around . this is one way to get it to move if the wires are not broken at the motor . 3 you need some mussel to push the side that won't move out once you un plug the wires .

these can be a pain to get to and once out a foot or so it will require removing the d-seal whcih should slide off once you remove the screw that holds it in place and then maybe even remove the metal trim to get to the screw . once motor is out i'll bet you find broken wire if you try it with the drill and it works then it could be one of the other wires that control direction of motor from the controller . i've used the drill battery method to get stuck slides in where the controller was bad . if you find a broken wire on the motor and can be resolidered

hope this helps and i did not confuse you more

MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:32 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Herx48,

We would be happy to assist you with your 2011 Grey Wolf. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Mikala Yoder in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:07 PM   #4

Stuck slide

Already contacted Mikala prior to this post. She referred me to Lippert. Couldn't help.
Herx48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide