Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2016, 12:13 PM   #1

sunseeker 2013 slideout not working

I have a 2013 sunseeker 31ft the slide out is open and I can not bring it back in. the motor runs but slider will not retract ,can I manuly push it in if some one holds power switch to in position while I push from out side .what could be the problem with it .and where is motor and gears located at I would appreciate any help I could get thank you.
spudster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:01 PM   #2

Is your unit the one with the large single slide on the driver's side; i.e., 3050S? If so, we had the same problem with ours just last month. Yes, you can push the slide in while someone presses the in switch. If yours is the large slide, there are two motors, upper left in the front and upper right in the rear. You may have a burned out motor. Again, if it is the 3050S, the module is located beneath the stove. Remove the little panel near the floor and you'll see it.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:45 PM   #3

2013 sunseeker slide not retracting

my motor home is the 3100ss series with the large slide out on drivers side would this be the same .would my unit be the same as yours ,thank you very much for your reply.
spudster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #4

Ours is a little different -- full wall slide, but wondering if the module is located beneath the stove on yours as well. It will tell you how many motors there are -- either A or B, or 1 or 2. There may be something on You Tube if you want to check there. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Old 07-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #5

Joshua Cavitt is the Forest River Class C point of contact and monitors the forum.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:30 PM   #6

My Slide Out has the same issue

I have a 2014 3010DS and for whatever reason the front portion of main slide decided to stop working. My wife runs the switch and I either pull or push on the outside to make it work. I could do it inside but I am usually outside doing the hookups. Not sure why it decided to give us this issue and honestly for the amount of time that the dealer wants to have the unit (over a month due to their scheduling and amount of work) I just live with it. Would be nice if it would be a quick fix that I could do but lord knows how involved messing with the slide would be.

Any ideas?
Old 07-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #7
TARVIDSON

Lippert slide?

If you have two aluminum tracks with places in them for a toothed gear to drive them running horizontal on each side of the slide that you can see when the slide is open you have Lippert(Schwintek) slides. If so, go to their website there are videos on how to do all this. Motor changeout is quite easy except for reaching things like wires to disconnect them. Their is a timer module somewhere on your vehicle which could be the problem, directly below the slide in a storage on my Prism LE2150. Either you are not getting power to the motor(module or wiring), one on each side on many Schwinteks, one plus a cross shaft on others, or the motor is shot. You can see the motors by pulling back the rubber gasket at the top of the slide from inside the RV when the slide is in. Their website will show it clearly.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #8
Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Joshua Cavitt is the Forest River Class C point of contact and monitors the forum.
How can I reach Joshua Cavity? We have the same problem. Ours is 2015 3050S. This is 3rd time the slide out won't go out. It has been in the repair shop for almost 2 months. So we are not traveling at all this summer. We are being given a big run around and would like to talk to Forest River.
RverAnn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RverAnn45 View Post
How can I reach Joshua Cavity? We have the same problem. Ours is 2015 3050S. This is 3rd time the slide out won't go out. It has been in the repair shop for almost 2 months. So we are not traveling at all this summer. We are being given a big run around and would like to talk to Forest River.
You can try emailing jcavitt@forestriverinc.com This may get you in the door.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #10
Ann

Thank you for your quick reply.
RverAnn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RverAnn45 View Post
That really Sucks !!!
I have read stories like this before,,, folks loosing the whole summer because of a break-down !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #12

Your 3100 SS has an entirely different mechanical operation than a 3050 or 3051 (full wall slide) so you can eliminate those suggestions. Yours has one motor that drives a long shaft that turns two gears on each end.
You can look under the dinette table and see the motor and what may or may not be turning.
I have the same rig (3100SS) and will be interested in hearing what the malfunction was with your slide. Please report back. Thanks.
If you look under the "Sunseeker" section in the Motorhome section, you will see another reference to the 3100 slide out with a link to the Lippert manual.
Sorry to hear about all of the problems with the 3050/3051 models; precisely why we choose the 3100 over the 3050/3051.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:06 PM   #13

I would also be interested in hearing about your findings. I have a '13 3100SS and have been noticing some peculiar slide noises. On a recent one week trip of 2000 miles we noticed metal shavings appearing under the very front of the couch near the drivers seat. Looking under the couch revealed nothing. I do not know where these are coming from.

wogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogden View Post
I would also be interested in hearing about your findings. I have a '13 3100SS and have been noticing some peculiar slide noises. On a recent one week trip of 2000 miles we noticed metal shavings appearing under the very front of the couch near the drivers seat. Looking under the couch revealed nothing. I do not know where these are coming from.
Have you been properly lubing your slides ???
If not you can search how to lub them on Youtube !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:40 AM   #15

Don't mean to hijack this thread but the info may be pertinent to others. I have investigated the shavings found on the floor. They are always located at the front edge of the couch near the driver's seat. Took off the front couch panel and with a good light looked at the slide rack and pinion parts. There is no visible indication of anything rubbing or for that matter any shavings present anywhere near the assembly. I have lubed the slides when extended with silicone spray as instructed by the tech at the rv shop. Thoroughly cleaned under the dinette and couch and will keep an ey on it the next trip which won't be until Sept.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudster View Post
I have a 2013 sunseeker 31ft the slide out is open and I can not bring it back in. the motor runs but slider will not retract ,can I manuly push it in if some one holds power switch to in position while I push from out side .what could be the problem with it .and where is motor and gears located at I would appreciate any help I could get thank you.
Did you find out what the malfunction was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Have you been properly lubing your slides ???
If not you can search how to lub them on Youtube !!!
What is the recommended lubing procedure (in brief) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogden View Post
. I have lubed the slides when extended with silicone spray as instructed by the tech at the rv shop. Thoroughly cleaned under the dinette and couch and will keep an ey on it the next trip which won't be until Sept.
Did you just spray silicone lubricant on the rail teeth when the slide was extended? Did you notice any difference in operation?
Old 07-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #17

I just read this in the Lippert Operating Manual so now I am conflicted.

The Lippert Slide-out System has been static tested to over 4,000 continuous cycles without any noticeable wear to rotating or sliding parts. It is recommended that when operating in harsh environments (road salt, ice build up, etc.) the moving parts be kept clean. They can be washed with mild soap and water. No grease or lubrication is necessary and in some situations may be detrimental to the environment and long term dependability of the system.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:07 AM   #18

Hey all, if you go to YouTube and search for Lippert Schwintek you can watch several vids and learn a bunch about that system.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:52 AM   #19

More info. I spoke to Lippert Tech services this week and learned that in my case with the '13 3100SS the drive motor which is located under the dinette floor but above the deck in a three inch space can be manually run out/in. The tech said that the Rv came with a crank mechanism (not so in my case) that can be attached to the drive end of the motor to facilitate the cranking of the slide. He stated that a typical 3/4 inch socket will fit over the drive end of the shaft and with the use of a ratchet may be operated.
That being said, in my case there is not enough room to get between the bathroom wall and the dinette back to insert an extension and ratchet so he suggested that it be driven from the other end which of course is not set up or designed to use a 3/4 inch socket. The other end consists of what appears to be a 1/2 or 3/4 inch round shaft with a pin inserted in it. Will have to make a special socket to fit over that and with a long extension I may be able to get to it from behind the drivers seat. He further stated that there is no controller involved in this set up and that power does not have to be turned off prior to attempting this action.
I neglected to ask what keeps the slide locked in place when it is in and one is driving down the road since there is no power lock like in the Swintech design.
When asked how to replace the motor in the 3100SS design he had no idea. It would not be an easy or inexpensive proposition for sure.

Tags
2013, slide, sunseeker, slide out