Old 07-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #1

sunseeker 2013 slideout not working

I have a 2013 sunseeker 31ft the slide out is open and I can not bring it back in. the motor runs but slider will not retract ,can I manuly push it in if some one holds power switch to in position while I push from out side .what could be the problem with it .and where is motor and gears located at I would appreciate any help I could get thank you.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
Looking Down Range

Is your unit the one with the large single slide on the driver's side; i.e., 3050S? If so, we had the same problem with ours just last month. Yes, you can push the slide in while someone presses the in switch. If yours is the large slide, there are two motors, upper left in the front and upper right in the rear. You may have a burned out motor. Again, if it is the 3050S, the module is located beneath the stove. Remove the little panel near the floor and you'll see it.

Old 07-03-2016, 04:45 PM   #3

2013 sunseeker slide not retracting

my motor home is the 3100ss series with the large slide out on drivers side would this be the same .would my unit be the same as yours ,thank you very much for your reply.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
Looking Down Range

Ours is a little different -- full wall slide, but wondering if the module is located beneath the stove on yours as well. It will tell you how many motors there are -- either A or B, or 1 or 2. There may be something on You Tube if you want to check there. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Old 07-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
Looking Down Range

Joshua Cavitt is the Forest River Class C point of contact and monitors the forum.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:30 AM   #6

My Slide Out has the same issue

I have a 2014 3010DS and for whatever reason the front portion of main slide decided to stop working. My wife runs the switch and I either pull or push on the outside to make it work. I could do it inside but I am usually outside doing the hookups. Not sure why it decided to give us this issue and honestly for the amount of time that the dealer wants to have the unit (over a month due to their scheduling and amount of work) I just live with it. Would be nice if it would be a quick fix that I could do but lord knows how involved messing with the slide would be.

Any ideas?
Old 07-04-2016, 01:41 PM   #7
TARVIDSON

Lippert slide?

If you have two aluminum tracks with places in them for a toothed gear to drive them running horizontal on each side of the slide that you can see when the slide is open you have Lippert(Schwintek) slides. If so, go to their website there are videos on how to do all this. Motor changeout is quite easy except for reaching things like wires to disconnect them. Their is a timer module somewhere on your vehicle which could be the problem, directly below the slide in a storage on my Prism LE2150. Either you are not getting power to the motor(module or wiring), one on each side on many Schwinteks, one plus a cross shaft on others, or the motor is shot. You can see the motors by pulling back the rubber gasket at the top of the slide from inside the RV when the slide is in. Their website will show it clearly.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Joshua Cavitt is the Forest River Class C point of contact and monitors the forum.
How can I reach Joshua Cavity? We have the same problem. Ours is 2015 3050S. This is 3rd time the slide out won't go out. It has been in the repair shop for almost 2 months. So we are not traveling at all this summer. We are being given a big run around and would like to talk to Forest River.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #9
Looking Down Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by RverAnn45 View Post
How can I reach Joshua Cavity? We have the same problem. Ours is 2015 3050S. This is 3rd time the slide out won't go out. It has been in the repair shop for almost 2 months. So we are not traveling at all this summer. We are being given a big run around and would like to talk to Forest River.
You can try emailing jcavitt@forestriverinc.com This may get you in the door.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #10
Ann

Thank you for your quick reply.

Tags
2013, slide, sunseeker, slide out