Old 08-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2450 Slideout Seal

Hello.

We are preparing for our trip. While cleaning behind the slide I noticed the bottom left of the black slide out seal is not stuck to the wall anymore. I expect it is because of the hot summer and the sticky stuff got too hot.

Anyway, I do not want to open the slide until I can confirm that the only thing I need to do is restick it to the wall. I looked under the slide at the other end [by the driver area] and it looks like the whole seal lays over the slide opening about 4" and attaches to the wall. The loose end is also over about 4" so I think that is okay. Think I simply need to know I just need to re-attach the black seal to the wall with what: caulk? glue?

Not many rv repair places around us so thought I would check the forums first. I could possibly get a pic to upload if that would help.

Thanks.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #2

Forget it.

I'm pretty sure the seal needs to be reinstalled by someone.

When i climbed down to photograph for the forum, it became clear the whole seal has moved so it needs to be re-attached all along the bottom.

I will locate someone tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Countdown for road trip: 17 days.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Once you remove the trim on the "wiping" seal, that is the wide rubber flap. you will find it is stapled to the side of the trailer. It can be a job for one person. Sorry didn't get here in time. Wise move on your part.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Once you remove the trim on the "wiping" seal, that is the wide rubber flap. you will find it is stapled to the side of the trailer. It can be a job for one person. Sorry didn't get here in time. Wise move on your part.
Appreciate the reply nonetheless. The seal needs to be reattached on the inside for sure; can not tell about the outside. Crossing my fingers the seal is undamaged and just needs attachment. We are actually scheduled to leave in 10 days, not 17. We shall see.

I've gotten a lot braver about fixing stuff in the house but the motorhome, nope, just let the folks who know for sure on something like this.

Seems to me last year I found some water under/near the slide and chaulked it up to the dog making a mess with her water bowl. But I was puzzled by it. It had rained the day before. Now I suspect that seal had already moved at that point.

Tags