Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #1

Tech Help Please slide inoperable

I am new here so I say Hello all.
Thanks in advance for any help you may have on this.
This weekend outing one of the living area slides on our Sabre 2012 31RETS 5th would not work. (I had to cranked it out) The other rear slide and BR slide does work. In trouble shooting this it led me to discover the +12v to that switch is 0v. I used the the 12v +&- wires from the other rear slide switch and the slide functioned OK so I am 100% sure it is due to the lack of 12v to the slide switch. These wires connect to the switch with spade connectors and are fine. They go into the wall and I assume go to a terminal block some place. Here is my question please. Where do these 2 pairs of 12v +&- wires go to? The + is red/white the - is white. I have looked in the batery compartment and found the terminal block there and found same color wires but they where not the ones. I would assume I have a bad crip on the +12v wire someplace and would like to fix this. I know if I can't find the bad connection I can always make a jumper from the wire going to the other slide. Thanks!
Gary
35rets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and to the forums. I moved this thread to general repair. Now to answer your question, start at the battery, and trace the positive cable. Should find withing 5 feet of wire, one, two or more breakers, with a small reset button on one end. Probably one of them tripped, maybe, but it it the first place to look. Also may try a search on here for things like "slide doesn't work", you'll see it is a very common problem, and may find pictures of various breakers and things used over the years. If that is a small wire feeding the switch, 14 gauge or so, there is a relay in the system somewhere also. Don't have a wiring diagram, and you will not find one most likely, but good luck.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #3

Found them! The wires that is. Our fuse box was not marked Slide(s) but after reading other posts to check behind the fuse box for wires, I found the same collored wires. They went to the lugs on fuse panel and sure enough one of the 2 not marked with the heavey red/wht wires had a blown fuse. I am marking these 2 fuses so I'll know.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
H2oski

35rets, I'm glad you found the wires. Is there any way you could take a picture of which fuses protect the slide? It would be greatly appreciated and then I can mark mine. Welcome and thanks ahead of time.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #5

h20ski; looks like u have same 5th as ours. Look at your fuses, the bottom 2, are they 30 amp? Mine had larger, red/white wires going to the lugs these fuses feeds. Those wires goes up to the slide switches ror the rear slides. Mark them SLIDE OUTs! If u still need a picture let me know. Gary
Old 07-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
H2oski

Gary Thanks alot, I'm going out right now to mark them. Again thanks. Nopic required.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, slide, wire