Old 06-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #11

Are they willing to replace the "Vinyl Flooring" or just patch? If they say patch, let a local installer fix it. Otherwise send it back to the manufacturer for full replacement. A local installer will be under your supervision. Opposite of the dealer. How big is the damage? I can tell you about the amount of time it will take to repair it.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #12

I was told by the warranty representative at forest river that they would probably cut out the flooring over the whole floor up to the stove, carpet, etc.... and replace the whole piece that does not go under things. It is the wood flooring not the tile so they said it would be hard to match and they would have to do the whole thing. The tear is about 9-12 inches long.

TT: Rockwood 2703WS
TV: 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
thanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanket View Post
I was told by the warranty representative at forest river that they would probably cut out the flooring over the whole floor up to the stove, carpet, etc.... and replace the whole piece that does not go under things. It is the wood flooring not the tile so they said it would be hard to match and they would have to do the whole thing. The tear is about 9-12 inches long.
Go with the factory if not too far, they can fix the floor and maybe the only ones who can fix the "cause".
Old 06-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #14

I took it over to the dealer and they said they found the cause, bent piece of metal under the slide, and cut it off.
TT: Rockwood 2703WS
TV: 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
thanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #15

Best decision.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #16
Site Team

I have a similar issue with a Wildcat eXtralite 295RSX which I've never brought home. We spent 1 night in the trailer on the dealership lot to shake it down. We found a gouge on the wood-look flooring about 1 ft. in front of the left end of the entertainment center/ kitchen slide. The dealership had their own flooring man come in and fix it a gouge at a time. I saw the fix yesterday and it passed my scrutiny although Mama hasn't seen it yet!

I have a worse issue than an extra piece of metal hanging under the slide. My slide appears to be out-of-square on the leftmost inside corner. The slide comes in easy... but going out is a problem since it appears the out-of-square corner is too tall for the hole in the outside wall of the trailer. That causes the top of that corner to bind and, because the drive system is at the bottom of the slide, the bottom of that corner to drop and gouge the floor. I don't see how this problem can be fixed and the dealership service people have had no success in contacting factory personnel.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote