Old 06-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #1

Torn slide seals

2016 Cardinal 3250RL. Purchased in Sept. Two of the three slides have torn slide seals in each of the corners. Of course the "extended warranty" I was talked into, covers a one time $500 limit. Repair quote of $1400 which includes a slight adjustment to one slide that is slightly off center. Interested in knowing
any similar events, normal for tears in 1 1/2yrs of use and/or any repair suggestions. Thanks

2016frcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:30 AM   #2

I'd like to see some comments on that too. I see I have the same issue on both slides. Obviously slide toppers were of no help and certainly will hinder the repair procedure. Any successful "shade tree" operations to share

jeff64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016frcard View Post
2016 Cardinal 3250RL. Purchased in Sept. Two of the three slides have torn slide seals in each of the corners. Of course the "extended warranty" I was talked into, covers a one time $500 limit. Repair quote of $1400 which includes a slight adjustment to one slide that is slightly off center. Interested in knowing
any similar events, normal for tears in 1 1/2yrs of use and/or any repair suggestions. Thanks
Today my 2016 Wildcat is getting a new D seal on our large slide. I noticed that it is also torn. When I got up on a ladder and looked, I noticed a small screw tip in the center and a small piece of metal on the corner that would catch the seal when opening the slide. Over time this must have worn a hole in the seal. I will see how long this new seal will last after the metal has been filed down.

Tags
seal, slide