Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #1

Trouble Under The Slide-Out

I was inspecting the camper after dewinterizing, open the slide out and was under it checking on the motor and gear drive. As I looked over the whole bottom I came across a groove on the bottom of the out side floor, but only at the rear. I called my local RV service dept and told them what I found, they said that the slide out was out of adjustment It had dropped down on one side....There has been threads about slide outs that have been out of adjustments from side to side, and a good indication is that the rubber seal on the side wall is tighter on one side then the other as a general rule. But now with a groove showing up on the out side floor under the side out is a different indicator of an adjustment. This may be the cause of my wall cracking on the opposit side of the interior wall in the slide out that I have posted earlier....So the moral of this story is....Keep an eye on the bottom of your slide out, there should not be any marks on it unless your adjustment is out from a ( drop down).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2215.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1442   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2216.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1443   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2217.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1444  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Knower of Some Things

Could be as simple as a loose screw or two whose heads are beginning to rub on the bottom of the slide out. Tricky to replace/tighten without removing the slide out assembly. If this is the case, you're looking at an all day project, even with proper tools and someone that knows what they are doing. Slideout removal is not easy, or safe unless you know what you are doing.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:19 AM   #3

After talking to the service department I went back out and looked under the carpet where the slide out floor meets the main floor and I can see where there is a difference in spacing from one end to the other, not only did it drop down but it shifted to the rear of the camper. I also checked the rubber seal on the side walls, the side wall closest to the back of the camper is much tighter then the other and that is where the drag is. As far as making the adjustments my self, I am not going to attempt It, I don't know what tools are needed and I do not have any help so it's going back to the dealer. The service manager said to spray some silicon on the groove so it will help it slide rather then dig in more.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote