Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #1

Unhappy Trying to help a Georgetown owner Slides/jacks problem

There is a woman in the RV park (we all work in Yellowstone Park) who recently purchased a 2004 Georgetown Gas. She does not know how to operate many things in it and I have been trying to help her along although I am stumped. The manual is all but worthless so I am hoping I can get some help for her here.

Neither her jacks or slides work. She says the slides used to work but has never tried the jacks. She had the coach battery and alternator replaced on her way here, but I suspect that is incidental. I did notice that one of the positive leads from her house batteries was disconnected which I reinstalled.

My investigations underneath seem to indicate that they are hydraulically operated from a "Ford" Hydraulic pump. There is plenty of hydraulic fluid in the reservoir. I have attached pictures to illustrate the rest of her system.

Sometimes the parking brake "not set" light comes on the front control panel. I have fussed around with the push switch on the parking brake and gotten it to go off. It is temporary but at least I have been able to test it. The light indicating that the jacks are not retracted is on, but the jacks are in fact retracted. I have tried them with the RV plugged in and the engine running, stopped, ignition on, off, with keys with no keys etc. You can see from the picture that I have power to the panel but nothing at all happens.

She says that she has put the slides in and out before without using the jacks. I can see that there is power to the slide panel but nothing happens. Also have tested in all of the possible ignition and engine positions.

I have attached photos of the panels and battery area in hopes it will help in identification. I have checked all of the fuses in the bedroom, battery area, under the dash etc. All are good. My guess this is something very simple. I sure would like to help her get more comfortable - any help is appreciated.
Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide switch.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	107519   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	107520   Click image for larger version

Name:	fuse area.jpg