Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #1

TT Slideout stuck - tried to crank it manually and busted the shear pin!!! Darn.

We have a 2011 Windjammer 3001 travel trailer and we had to raise the passenger side tire 4" to level the trailer in a sloping site.

I always move the slides out after the side-to-side is level.

So, after ramping up the rear tire, I went to move the large slide out and it would not move.

So, not thinking, I got out the manual crank, put it on the manual crank-out shaft and it would not crank. it was almost immoveable.

Well, not exactly immoveable. I cranked HARD and sheared the pin right off of the mechanical part that turns the screw. I turned the manual shaft right off of the electric motor. Crap.

However, the slide moved out just enough to work OK and the motor moved it out for our camping.

After thinking about this (after wrecking the shaft) I realized the 4" lift of one wheel probably twisted the frame and kept the electric motor from moving the slide out. The gears just kept clacking with no slide movement.

Anyway, I pulled forward and put the tires all flat on the ground and the slid moved in fine, and even out again.

Now we are home and packed away and the slide works perfect.

Finally, here is my question - how the heck do I get at the slide motor, replace the shear pin on the manual motor shaft and put the shaft on so it works?

The bottom is completely covered and I am not even sure what is under there. Do I have to pull all that bottom off to get at the slide motor to put the shear pin back in? Or is there another way?

I have the electric motor, not hydraulic.

Thanks - John
RVTailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:50 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Can you see the motor/gearbox at all looking in the access hole for the manual crank. If you can approximate the location, you can cut an access flap in the corolplast. I think that all you broke was a split pin in the gearbox input shaft for the manual crank to drive.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:34 AM   #3

I assume this is the manual for your unit, hope it helps....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lieppert-electric-slideout.pdf (1.47 MB, 297 views)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:49 PM   #4

Thank you for posting the Lippert manual. Very much appreciated.

Denis

Tags
manual, slide, slide out