Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #1

Two Year Old Forester 3051S Slide Replacement

I am coming up on two year purchase anniversary and need to replace the Schwintek slide mechanism. Slide is racked (has been since I have owned the rv but is much worse now) and some teeth are missing on the track. Has anyone else had this problem?
Beachfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:48 PM   #2

We had the same problem, and a lot more. Bought ours new in September of last year, and spent the first three months in the shop having the entire slide rebuilt. Teeth were chewed up, shafts were bent, motor brackets were broke, etc. An entirely new Slide system was put in including a much stronger motor, shaft assembly, and rails. The dealer did a great job of really fine-tuning the slide once everything is installed. Works much better now. Forest River covered the rebuild/upgrade under warranty.

It definitely took forever to complete, but I am much more confident that the slide system will last...just need to deal with all of my factory-caused full body paint problems now.
mattnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #3

Lucky for you it was under warranty although my slide has never been right since taking ownership of coach. Apparently dealers do not know much about the slide mechanism and do not think a racked slide is a problem. It sure lead to a much worse problem down the road as the 1/2" rack is now about 1 1/2" with the top track having broken teeth.
Beachfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, forester, replacement, slide