Old 06-12-2015, 02:58 PM   #11
Buy a bump cap. They look like a baseball cap but have a hard plastic liner more stylish then a hard had and will keep your head safe.

Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:04 AM   #12
The head hurts

Originally Posted by Nana Suey View Post
What options are there to put on the bottom edge of slideouts to prevent head knocks or cuts. We currently use swimming noodles with a notch in them to fit. I see Camping World offers a corner guard that is applied with adhesive. It does not cover much of the edge and may not allow slide to snug up tight to camper when closed. Any hints would be appreciated.
the issue of slides and heads has been going around for some time now, I have used the rubber corner guards for years and they have always worked great. If you feel that the whole edge is not protected they the only way is to use a pool noodle. I also look at the idea of hit and learn from hard knocks, you need to LEARN where the slide is.
Happy Camping

2010 Cedar Creek Silverback 35ts
2001 GMC 2500HD w/ Allison & 8.1
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #13
I owe it all to bacon.
Never had a problem with slides, I just walk into the awning supports. At least twice a year....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Eklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #14
The bright-colored swimming noodles are ugly, but after I hit my head the first time I grabbed the closest one available and made some corner protectors. They are lime green. I'll probably make new ones if I ever come across a white or black noodle. The DW tells me I always walk with such purpose (like I've got somewhere to go)....I swear, when I hit that corner with my forehead I had to fight back the darkness!
D LBRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #15
As the owner of a race car prep shop, we have what we call "Non SFI Roll Bar Padding" in lots of colors. Similar to the foam pipe insulators, but a little harder and oblong (thicker on one side). They also have a split that you cut on one side. They come in every color of the rainbow, but I PREFER the YELLOW. I don't care if they are ugly. I want to SEE them...
They stay in place with no problems. I also like them to overlap the ends a bit so no "hit" cuts the head open....
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #16
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
You used the Camping World Staples on your head?
I don't think so. If CW staples were used, he wouldn't be here to tell the story. Would have bled to death waiting on the shipping..........
Ken & Laurie
2015 Berkshire 400QL
2016 Chevy Colorado
Northern Ohio
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #17
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
I don't think so. If CW staples were used, he wouldn't be here to tell the story. Would have bled to death waiting on the shipping..........
Made me laugh out loud - thanks!

Brian, Stacy, and the girls (8 and 5)
2011 F-250 CCSB 6.7L PSD 4WD
2013 Solaire 269BHDSK
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote