Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
V Lite Slide outs

2012 V30WRLTS has a front bedroom slide. when I let the slide out or pull it in, it moves side to side... not good. flagstaff did try to fix this problem but it's not there yet... the slide only has 1 slide bar under it and it's the largest storage area in the camper... the co. put a larger pull plate in but it still has some side to side motion, but not as bad... I've had 3 flagstaff, but this is my first bumper pull.... I'm lovin it but for that problem... It's going back to the dealer to see if there is anything that can be done to correct the problem.... Thanks Forestriver... great floor plan..
__________________

__________________
diegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Member
 
pbrackney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 319
Was wondering if your slide has been fixed. We are getting our V-Lite in the middle of April and hoping we do not have slide problems as well.
__________________

__________________
Philip, DW, 3 DD, 1 DS, and Ginger our Dog
2017 Wildwood 30QBSS
2003 Ford Expedition 5.4 Liter with 3.73 Axle
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 24
I just bought a new 30WKFSS V-Lite and we love the camper. My problem is with the living room slide. It makes a horrable creaking and screaching sound that reminds me of fingernails on the black board! I took it back to the dealer to get a recall fixed and told him about the problem. They said they lubed it up and it would get better but it is still bad. I do not have this problem with the bedroom slide. If we were to leave a campground early I know we would wake everyone up! The dealer is 50 miles away so that is 100 miles to get it fixed at 8 miles a gallon. Anyone else have this problem? and how did you get it fixed.
__________________
Bolt guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
dfskinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Va Beach, Va
Posts: 146
We've got two slides on our 2809..... no issues on either slide

Don't leave anything in the area where the slides go out.... learned that the hard way.... crushed my wife's computer.... it was kind of old, and all she does is play games, so it was that big of a loss.... but will not let that happen again.....
__________________
Thanks,
Dennis
Day's Camped 2014 - 35 so far
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L 4X4 Quad
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper
 
SaskCampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt guy View Post
I just bought a new 30WKFSS V-Lite and we love the camper. My problem is with the living room slide. It makes a horrable creaking and screaching sound that reminds me of fingernails on the black board! I took it back to the dealer to get a recall fixed and told him about the problem. They said they lubed it up and it would get better but it is still bad. I do not have this problem with the bedroom slide. If we were to leave a campground early I know we would wake everyone up! The dealer is 50 miles away so that is 100 miles to get it fixed at 8 miles a gallon. Anyone else have this problem? and how did you get it fixed.

I get the same problem once in a while. I lube the rubber wheels the racks ride on as well as the rubber bushings that the main drive shaft goes through with fluid film and then wipe it all down. Then I move the slide in and out a few times and the noise is gone. First year drove me nuts trying to find a lube that would work good and fluid film seems to do the job with this as well as every thing else I use it for.
__________________

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
Member
 
Gripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegro View Post
2012 V30WRLTS has a front bedroom slide. when I let the slide out or pull it in, it moves side to side... not good. flagstaff did try to fix this problem but it's not there yet... the slide only has 1 slide bar under it and it's the largest storage area in the camper... the co. put a larger pull plate in but it still has some side to side motion, but not as bad... I've had 3 flagstaff, but this is my first bumper pull.... I'm lovin it but for that problem... It's going back to the dealer to see if there is anything that can be done to correct the problem.... Thanks Forestriver... great floor plan..
If you can find it you want Crown Lubricant . I had a similar problem when I purchased my 2011 new off the dealer that had been on his lot for sometime. Spray your gears and bar then work your slide a few times, repeat as needed until the squeak goes away. It work for me. I tried lithium etc. etc. someone suggested Crown, it worked.
__________________
Essex County
Southern most area in Canada
2015 F150 XLT Sport 5 ltr V8
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
Wanna Be Camper
 
SaskCampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
If you can find it you want Crown Lubricant . I had a similar problem when I purchased my 2011 new off the dealer that had been on his lot for sometime. Spray your gears and bar then work your slide a few times, repeat as needed until the squeak goes away. It work for me. I tried lithium etc. etc. someone suggested Crown, it worked.
Which one?

Crown Lubricants and Penetrants
__________________

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #8
Member
 
Gripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 150
Sorry my bad on the sp... www.Krown.com the one is Krown T40 maximum strength rust inhibitor and lubricant. comes in a spray can
__________________
Essex County
Southern most area in Canada
2015 F150 XLT Sport 5 ltr V8
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
Member
 
Gripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 150
Wife seen the Krown on table (not Canadian crown royal whiskey either) and asked why. After explaining why I retrieved it from the trailer she said I should also advise I had few curses before it was squeek free. Took a liberal application and operate a few times while it got much better it took overnight and another liberal application to be squeek free. sounds like?
__________________

__________________
Essex County
Southern most area in Canada
2015 F150 XLT Sport 5 ltr V8
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.