Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Wardrobe slide problem Help Please

We have a new LaCrosse . We were planning to pull at dawn in the am and were getting trailer hooked up when the wardrobe slide won't come in. One side comes in a bit,but the number two side doesn't respond. Of course we have the Coach Net 24-7 service but they don't respond. So much for emergency assistance if you were strande somewhere on a Saturday night. Anyway we can't find anyplace to manually move it in. Assuming the switch and power are ok since the number one is responding. Any help would be appreciated. BTW we have had the trailer out one time and the slide worked ok then

Tjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Site Team
Hi Tjah,

Sorry but I didn't see your post until now. Did you get the wardrobe slide working? Hope so because I don't have any slides and have no clue as to where to begin. If you are at a campground you could try chatting with a neighbor to see what you can do. RVers are a friendy group willing to help.

Other than the little matter with the slide how do you like your new LaCrosse?

Take care and safe travels.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Welcome tjah,

I hope you were able to sort this out.

If not, is there a separate fuse for that slide? Check if it's blown.

Is your battery charged? Slides don't like weak batteries.

There should be a hole for a hand held crank to manually retract the slide. Sometimes located on the opposite side of the trailer. Maybe accessed through the wardrobe. I don't know so maybe someone with a Lacrosse can respond. Or, call your dealer today.

Best of luck and let us know what you figured out.
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou
OK, it is a wardrobe slide right? Does it have wires that run the slide in and out like mine? If so, here is everything you need to get you going.

Look in your drawers for a tool that looks like a flexible screwdriver extension. Along with a power screwdriver or drill, that is the tool you will need to manually open and close the slide.

You will need to remove the trim above the slide out. Pop the caps off the screws and unscrew them to remove the trim. This will expose the slide out motor. On the back of the motor is a HEX stub shaft. The flex drive fits on the stub shaft and running the drill one way extends the slide; reversing it retracts it.

If you contact the manufacturer and tell them your coach did not come with the tool, they should send you one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flex Drive Tool.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	12984  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NORCO WS Cable Routing Diagram.pdf (97.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf accuslide_service-manual.pdf (1.31 MB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf accuslide_install-manual.pdf (2.84 MB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf Accu-Slide Raw Parts List.pdf (2.10 MB, 166 views)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Thanks for the replies! I actually found a link to a u tube video that showed how to disconnect the shaft and manually push slide in. After all that we put back together and it worked perfectly . Guess we just needed to stay home a little later for some unknown reason.
Tjah is offline   Reply With Quote