Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2019, 09:30 AM   #1

Water Intrusion

I have a 2015 Spree Connect 322 ( new to me) and for the first time have water in front.of the sofa which is in a slide with the dinette. The water seems to be getting in between the stationary carpeted floor and the sliding floor which comes over top of it.It is just in front of the sofa the rest of the slide is bone dry. Trailer sat all winter in slashing rain and snow and our wettest spring in years without a drop inside. When I got a ladder and checked the top of the slide there was a ton of water laying on top of the slide,but the slide roof and all seams are perfect. Is it possible it' s running down the side along the rubber seals and finding its way in the the floor that way? There is absolutely lately no sign of any water on any inside surfaces but under the jack knife sofa the floor if wet too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
mulher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:50 PM   #2

I finally figured out (after taking my slide out apart) that water was running down the side of the slideout, then moving along the bottom trim on the slide out, through the rubber gaskets, and into the RV. I puttied the part of the track the water was running along - created a dam I guess. I also put eternabond over both sides of the trim.

Here is another post about this that might be helpful. There are lots of videos about this on youtube.
llewkcalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Since the Spree is not a FR product, can you post pics or a floorplan pic?
I doubt if anyone here has ever seen a Connect 322.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #4

Thanks that's what I figured was happening to mine after seeing the water laying on the top of the slide. I hooked the trailer back up pulled it out raked out the ruts from the wheels as level as I could the releveled the trail with about 1/4 inch lean toward the outside of the slide and it drained perfectly. Had two days of rain since and dry as a bone just have to be more careful levelling in the future I guess.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #5

Here it isClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0292.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	208029
Old 06-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #6

We have a'14 Spree 262RKS which is basically the same as the Connect and is supposed to be an "upscale" version.

We have one slide and it hasn't leaked except I drove in a torrential downpour for several hours near Seattle couple of years ago and when I got home I noticed some water on the floor next to the slide. I looked and looked and everything looked fine. Water may have been thrown up by the wheels. I had also hung up a soaking wet jacket near the slide and it could have run down onto the floor. Just dunno. No visible leakage since. We keep a cover on it all winter and it rains a LOT here over the winter.

Did you store it over the winter with the slides out? If so, I wouldn't do that. I don't trust those seals with slide in or out. There is a lube for slide seals that may help keep the rubber in good condition. We have a can of it but haven't used it yet and probably should be.

I would inspect the seals for damage and improper fitting and if it is retracting & extending tightly enough. There is an adjustment underneath to adjust how far it travels back in but not sure on the extend adjustment. Otherwise keep an eye on it. Leaking slides is not uncommon and can result in expensive and difficult repairs.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #7
Site Team

I agree about slide seal leakage.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulher View Post
Thanks that's what I figured was happening to mine after seeing the water laying on the top of the slide. I hooked the trailer back up pulled it out raked out the ruts from the wheels as level as I could the releveled the trail with about 1/4 inch lean toward the outside of the slide and it drained perfectly. Had two days of rain since and dry as a bone just have to be more careful levelling in the future I guess.

I was looking for yesterday and finally found.

We had a big rainstorm this morning, a real deluge, and there was still water leaking along the rails (I think). I think I will need to keep working on this because my floor was totally rotten from the leaking.
llewkcalb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water