Old 09-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #11
Rabbit-Hole Comment

Originally Posted by rockfossilman View Post
Recently returned from a trip to Lake Chautauqua KOA in New York, put the slide out and found this on the floor in between the dinette and the stove. It appears to be part of a broken plastic disc. It has teeth on it (which I think are visible in the attached pictures. I have a guess as to what it is, but want some more experienced TT owners to chime in before I say--I don't want to lead anyone down a rabbit-hole to nowhere like I do when I take my car to the garage for repairs.

First picture shows the part with the teeth underneath--the other two are teeth upward. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Since the part didn't appear until our 5th trip with the camper and having put the slide-out out and in over a dozen times, it seemed to me that the part must have a purpose. My "rabbit-hole" idea was that there are a row of several complete discs located between the slide floor and the living area floor. They facilitate a lower-friction surface for the slide to travel on when being deployed or brought in--I haven't decided whether they would be mounted teeth up or teeth down. The partial disc that I found is the remnants of one that broke when the slide was deployed the time I found it. An occasional squeak/squeal has also begun to occur on occasion when putting the slide out.

Rockfossilman - Western PA
Rockwood UL 2604ws - Expedition 5.4L
2013 to 2014-27/2444/7/7
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote