Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 01:02 PM   #1

Wildwood 27RKSS

I should have started here because the other routes did not help....Forest River said they will not give tech advice on electrical items. I don't think the tech at Lippert listened to everything I said, maybe I wasn't listening good enough.

To start with I have a 2016 Wilwood 27RKSS with a a single electric motor actuator with Venture 132682 motor/slide.

About a month ago, I rushed home from work to hook up to go camping. I pushed the slide in button on the remote and all I got was a click back by the slide motor. Threw the remote aside, cussing it, and used the the switch inside. The bottom of the slide started to come in (as normal) moved an inch or two and stopped. Pushed the out button and went back out. I tried multiple tomes and got the same results. I went under to manually crank it in. I used the first cordless drill I had..had hammer function and it snapped the cotter pin. I replaced the pin and used hand power with a ratchet. By hand the slide came in amazingly easy (not what I was expecting for such a large slide). I got about 1/2 way in and pushed the button on the panel and the slide came in. Still being ready to leave I wanted to know if this fixed the problem. Hit the panel and slide went all the way out...yeah I fixed it....nope not today. Hit the button and the slide came in the couple inches and stopped. Read through the forum and thought it must be the battery. Didn't take time to test, went and replaced battery. I got the same results. Hand cranked the slide in 1/3-1/2 way in and the motor cranked it in the rest of the way. Left and went camping. Arrived and slide went out with no issues. A week later we went to leave and the motor would only come in the couple inches and stopped. Back under I went and hand cranked part way in until the motor took over. I came home and called Forest River and explained the situation. I was told they do not give tech advice on electrical components. Ticked off, but what do you do. I called Lippert and explained the same thing. Tech said that he agreed with me that he thought the motor was failing. I ordered a $300 replacement motor. I went to replace the motor today. Everything went together easily. Hit the remote button and got the same click back by the motor. Away goes the remote again and hit the inside panel and the slide started to move, but only moved the couple inches and stopped. UGH!!! Seals are not sticking to the slide room, track is sprayed with grease. I called and spoke with Lippert again. Tech told me that he thought the square tube had a crown and tube was binding or that since the bottom was coming in first, the room was not level and causing a binding. As I stated before I have been using a ratchet to hand crank the slide in, I would think as easy as the slide was coming in I would have felt any binding, grinding, something. I don't think this is the issue. Battery is at 13.8v.

Anyone have any other ideas? Getting ready for another in 2 weeks and only have one day off in between now and then.

2017 Silverado 2500HD
2016 Wildwood 27 RKSS
sdsferraro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Does the motor make any noise when it stops 'coming in'?

Does the motor sound like it slows down or struggles before it stops?

P.S. As for the remote, it's probably a fuse on the receiver board that's blown. The receiver should be located under the oven.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:35 PM   #3

The motor sounds like it slows down but it had always started slow coming in. I just looked at the board under the oven. Did not see a blown fuse. When I hit the button on the remote I can pick out the relay that clicks. I do see that relays are not replaceable? They look like they are sealed to the board.

2017 Silverado 2500HD
2016 Wildwood 27 RKSS
Old 08-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #4
Site Team

The relays aren't replaceable unless you remove the potting compound.

Did you test the fuse or just look at it? If you didn't test it, then I'd suggest either testing it with a tester or just replacing it.

If the motor sounds like it bogs down before it stops you could have something binding along the track. I'd manually retract it from the beginning feeling for any binding at the location that it stops at with the motor.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #5

I didn't test the fuse, but I will. It wouldn't get any power if the fuse was blown, would it? I will also look at the tracks to make sure I don't see any issues there.
Thanks for your help!

2017 Silverado 2500HD
2016 Wildwood 27 RKSS
Old 08-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
Site Team

The relays will still pull in even if the individual device fuses are blown.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:59 PM   #7

Were you able to find your issue?
Jjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:19 PM   #8

I have seen a 12v battery show 13.8 (charging battery) volts but drops to 9,8,7 or even lower under a load. Keep a meter on it while somebody hits the switch. You may be surprised by the results. I too have the same unit. Mine starts slow then picks up speed around half way in.
Wa11y757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Campahedu
I had an issue with my slide and a camp host suggested making sure you didn't have a lot of extra wight in it. I unloaded the storage compartments and it worked fine. Just a thought.

Chris & Deb
2013 F150 3.5 EB,Wildwood X-Lite 262BH
Campahedu.com
Campahedu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood