Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2016, 06:23 PM   #1

Wildwood 38 SLDS Living room slide uneven

Hi, First post so will try to be complete. Have 2004 Wildwood 38 SLDS....livingroom slide is 23', front is flush when extended but back has about one and a half inch gap....water leaks in and runs down backside of slide inside rubber seal. I tried to show in pictures (atch).....question...is there an adjustment....if I put a brace underneath and jack up will I cause other problems....appreciate any advice
NDfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfarm View Post
Hi, First post so will try to be complete. Have 2004 Wildwood 38 SLDS....livingroom slide is 23', front is flush when extended but back has about one and a half inch gap....water leaks in and runs down backside of slide inside rubber seal. I tried to show in pictures (atch).....question...is there an adjustment....if I put a brace underneath and jack up will I cause other problems....appreciate any advice

i believe you have gears with a motor under there if so there is an adjustment . first you need to make sure nothing has been bent or damaged over time . there should be 2 bolts at either end with locking nuts on them this is the adjustment . think it's screw in to move the slide closer at the bottom and screw out to move the slide out at the bottom . if this is your set up do the adjustment with only a turn or two at a time the check and keep going tioll you get what your looking for . . do not jack up the slide and leave it like that you could cause more damage
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:33 PM   #3
Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
i believe you have gears with a motor under there if so there is an adjustment . first you need to make sure nothing has been bent or damaged over time . there should be 2 bolts at either end with locking nuts on them this is the adjustment . think it's screw in to move the slide closer at the bottom and screw out to move the slide out at the bottom . if this is your set up do the adjustment with only a turn or two at a time the check and keep going tioll you get what your looking for . . do not jack up the slide and leave it like that you could cause more damage
I'm having an adjustment issue with my 03 Wildwood 28FKSS. The slide mechanism you are describing sounds like my setup, but I'm not sure I'm following you on how to make the adjustment. I don't see how turning the bolt is adjusting anything. Do you have pictures? (Maybe I don't have the same setup...??)
Old 06-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #4
Noob!

Ahh.. just found the Lippert slide-out manual in the library! I think I see what I need to do. This is a great forum! :-)
Old 06-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #5

glad you see . inspect all hardware under there real well . sometimes plates bend and gears get out of alignment . so assuming all is good and nothing broken when you make the adjustment you need to support the slide . then do not over do it make a turn check operation if you need more then do again . a little at a time better to do it 3 times then over do it one time
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, slide, wildwood