Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #1

Wiring Drawing for 2004 Rockwood 2605?

Hello forum!

Does anyone have a wiring drawing for the above model or something really close? We're having a B*&#! of a time tracking down the fuse for our non-functioning slide.

Nothing on the main panel, the self-resetting breakers on the frame are testing ok, no inline fuse on the a-frame and we don't see anything under the sofa near the slide motor.

A friend of ours works with electrical in vehicles and has offered to have a look, IF we can provide an electrical drawing of some sort. I've asked Forest River directly and they don't have one.

I'm really hoping someone out there can help. Thanks in advance.
leahmeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:55 PM   #2

FR doesn't have one because there aren't any.

Some of the motor homes seem to have them, but I don't think I've ever seen one for a travel trailer.

Try finding the slide's motor and following the wiring back.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #3

Slide Problem Solved - 2004 Rockwood 2605

Well, the slide problem has been solved! It was indeed a fuse ... located behind the switch on the wall. However, it was waaaaay down and we missed it the first time we looked there.

One thing concerns me though. The fuse we found was a 15 amp fuse. Everyone I've asked about this issue has indicated I should be looking for a 30 amp fuse. I'm wondering if the previous owner stuck in whatever they had on hand the last time it blew.

An electrically inclined friend of ours has offered to wire that fuse directly to our main panel for us, but before we do that, I'd like to make sure we're setting it up correctly; we don't want to do more harm than good! For now, we've replaced the 15 amp fuse with another 15 and we'll see how that goes for the next couple of camping trips.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help us troubleshoot this issue. Please chime in if you have any further knowledge of this particular set up.
leahmeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #4

Fuse size is based on wiring size. Find out the wiring size and you'll know the fuse size.

This may help you:

https://www.tundras.com/threads/fuse...-charts.16722/

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #5

The shorter the wiring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahmeilleur View Post
Well, the slide problem has been solved! It was indeed a fuse ... located behind the switch on the wall. However, it was waaaaay down and we missed it the first time we looked there.

One thing concerns me though. The fuse we found was a 15 amp fuse. Everyone I've asked about this issue has indicated I should be looking for a 30 amp fuse. I'm wondering if the previous owner stuck in whatever they had on hand the last time it blew.

An electrically inclined friend of ours has offered to wire that fuse directly to our main panel for us, but before we do that, I'd like to make sure we're setting it up correctly; we don't want to do more harm than good! For now, we've replaced the 15 amp fuse with another 15 and we'll see how that goes for the next couple of camping trips.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help us troubleshoot this issue. Please chime in if you have any further knowledge of this particular set up.
The shorter the wiring, the less the voltage drop. Important on a high-current device like the slide motor.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #6

My slide fuse, which is in the main panel, is 30 amp.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, wiring