Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #1

2007 cedar Creek 34 SAT Furnace not working

We just bought this unit and took it to Wisconsin only to find out the Furnace will not come on, Had a Heating and AC guy look at it, he took it to a local RV shop and they tested it in another RV and it works fine. there are 2 yellow and 2 white wires coming out of the furnace, one set goes to a fuse panel but unable to locate where the other two wires go. when i put the fuse in the panel i can hear the Furnace click but never lights and the fan will not come on.
anyone have any Idea's, I've tried everything except replacing the Battery. Oh they also tested the Thermostat and it works fine as well
tames01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sounds like air in your propane line or maybe the tanks are empty?
possibility that the regulator is bad or the tank switch over valve? Its possible that the opd valve in the tank needs reset by shutting valve and slowly opening it.
Does the blower come on?
Stove work?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #3

Stove works good and Refrigerator works with propane, seems like the Furnace. from what i understtod from the heating guy, he was not seeing power to the furnace
Old 11-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

well its a 12 volt furnace so theres a possible fuse in the fuse panel/convertor blown .

so the click your hearing is just the propane valve trying to open .

my bet is on a fuse
Old 11-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #5

my same thoughts as well. the fuse in the fuse panel that coresponds to the one yellow and white wires is good, but there is a second yellow and white wire coming from the furnace and goes between the walls and have yet to figure out where it runs too, thought there might be an in line fuse on it.
could this issue be a bad or weak battery?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

sure can be !
have you checked voltage ?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #7

going to try that when i get home tonight, Sure hope thats the problem
Old 11-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #8

Tried a new battery in the RV and Furnace still wont work, Fuses are good. I've ran out of ideas on this one
Old 11-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #9

There should be a schematic inside one of the acess panels on the furnace. It will tell you where the wires go. Check and make sure you have 12 volts going to the furnace, make sure the thermostat is wired correctly. Bleed the propane line right at the furnace to make sure the air is purged out of the line.
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote