Old 08-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #1
2011 36ckts fridge cuttin out

we bought a 2011 36 ckts in june drove it across Canada home to B,C. the fridge worked fine for a few weeks now it quits at nite and a E-1 flashes on it I than have to turn it off and restart it I thought i was out of prophane no i wasnt I know that when you start a small dot will come up on the no display if dot is on the left hand side fridge is tryin to detect eletric to use if on the right side has a dot it will be for propane least way that is what the manual tells me so I keep the dot on the propane side but the fridge still flashes after working foe several hours than it goes to the E-1 fault Please any help would be most welcomed I do not want the local RV dealer playing with it so hoping to find knowledgable people that may have a idea thank in advance Buckaroo

buckaroo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
If you have a Dometic fridge the error code means "
Disconnected LP gas valve or hardware fault in the LP gas operation system. The refrigerator may still be operational on 120 VAC." You may have a faulty regulator or the flex line going from your tank has collapsed inside.
If you have a Norcold the error code means "high limit switch is open". Norcold had a recall which included a box installed that would cut power to the fridge in high temp situations. Some have been known to trip in error.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote

2011, fridge