Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2011, 01:44 AM   #1

2012 36RE - curved counter beling replaced by island

Seems they got rid of the long counter in the 36RE and made it just an island. This is on factory produced units after July of this year

I will miss that counter space. I might have to look at another brand...
wayne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
wls

wonder why they are doing that, I liked the way it was before.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #3

We have the 2011 36RE with the peninsula-type counter and, just yesterday, for no reason at all, it cracked clear through! Could be that's why they are making the change!
GRHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #4

Counter Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRHooper View Post
We have the 2011 36RE with the peninsula-type counter and, just yesterday, for no reason at all, it cracked clear through! Could be that's why they are making the change!
We also have a 2011 36RE and so far no issue with the counter top. I sure hope we don't get a pop. I guess that would be within the 1 year warranty perod? We are on about 9 months. I like the peninsula type counter better than the island myself.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #5

Love our countertop! It gives so much space to actually prepare and cook. Would hate just the island. However we have noticed the inside corner of the counter, to the right of the sink, has rubbed away at the wood on the slide part next to the stove when slide is closed. That wood sits in that corner and as traveling down the road it rubs away at it. We have a huge notch in our wood cabinet there now. For now we place a towel in that corner just before the slide completely closes.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRHooper View Post

I sent an inquiry to RR about the reaso for change of the counter top and got a response that they didn't do the change to issues with the L-Shape counter top. They said the new island was is bigger than the current width and length and offered 2 large cabinets. No doubt they would not admit it possibly had a design flaw for us with the L-Shape counter top. We like the L-Shape also just hope we don't end up with a cracked top. Did they replace your cracked counter top under warranty?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:38 AM   #7

Yep..

There is so little counter space in the 2012 36RE. Where do you pot pots and other items you use during preparation of a meal?

Other brands remained with the L shaped counter top..

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendodom View Post
I sent an inquiry to RR about the reaso for change of the counter top and got a response that they didn't do the change to issues with the L-Shape counter top. They said the new island was is bigger than the current width and length and offered 2 large cabinets. No doubt they would not admit it possibly had a design flaw for us with the L-Shape counter top. We like the L-Shape also just hope we don't end up with a cracked top. Did they replace your cracked counter top under warranty?
wayne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #8

We had the chance to look at both at the same lot where we purchased, and chose the earlier model 2012 "L" only drawback is lighting the oven, is kinda cramped and akward, but being a "rv owner" i am industrious, got a squaty candle about 1 1/2 wide and 1 1/2 tall light it, place it directly under the pilot then use right hand to turn on and hold the knob till it lights!!! that one candle should last years at just 30 seconds at a time ;0)
texas_train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #9

I have a 2011 Cedar Creek 36RE... I'm guessing the ignitor dial up top won't light the pilot? I can do it with one of those BBQ/Candle lighters... but if that's the only way, then I'm thinking a BBQ grill ignitor should work, right? Has anyone rigged theirs? (Other than by using a candle...)
frenchyleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #10

Stove Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyleblanc View Post
I have a 2011 Cedar Creek 36RE... I'm guessing the ignitor dial up top won't light the pilot? I can do it with one of those BBQ/Candle lighters... but if that's the only way, then I'm thinking a BBQ grill ignitor should work, right? Has anyone rigged theirs? (Other than by using a candle...)
Our 2011 36RE was ordered with the Confection Oven versus stove. Thru time the wife has finally figured out how to use it which cooks great. As for the gas stove, yes the old BBQ grill ignitor is the fix. Works great. In our earlier trailer I had gotten one of the butane refillables with a flex spout with worked great. As you know that little element is somewhat in an awkward position. With the flex spout you can ben it upwards and it was a lots easy to facilitate the fire to the spot.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #11
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Wayne1

Check with FR again, I'm told the island for 2013 is out and that the 36RE is to be the mainstay model for the year. Heard it form many different owners and dealers alike.