Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #1

Question 2012 Silverback 35QB4 Slide Problem

We were out for our 11th and 12th nights of the season (and for this new unit) on the weekend - five trips - the slides have probably been opened and closed at least a dozen times, all with absolutely no problem.

Opened the slides on Friday afternoon, and I heard a loud crack - stopped the slides, checked and did not see anything - proceed to open the slides fully and then inspect - problem is the left rear bedroom slide - the fascia the closest to the back of the unit, including the framing piece, has popped out, popping all of the nails in so doing - it looked as if the framing and fascia was too long!!!

I was able to pop it back in to place and when I went to close the slides, it closed without any difficulty or any other cracks or noises - I then re-opened the slides and closed them when I got the unit back to our storage location, without any problem!

Anybody ever seen this before - could it have been expansion caused by humidity? Just eyeballing the slide, there are no readily apparent defects, inside or outside the unit, and like I said, it worked at least a dozen times before, and has now worked again after the issue...

Help?!?!
2011 Chev Silverado 3500HD Dually Duramax Turbo Diesel - Allison Trans / PullRite 20.5K Super 5th Wheel Hitch & SuperRails / Trailair Tri-Glide Air Ride Pin Box #21,000 / Honda 3000i Handi

mdamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #2

Spoke to Our Dealer Yesterday

Apparently they have seen this problem several times - the framing for the left rear bedroom slide is sometimes too long, so you need tor emove the fascia and framing, and take a 1/4 to 1/2 inch off of the bottom, then reinstall, and the problem is solved.

Owning an RV is just like owning horses, both require constant care and "feeding" (maintenance, both preventative and reactive!)

2011 Chev Silverado 3500HD Dually Duramax Turbo Diesel - Allison Trans / PullRite 20.5K Super 5th Wheel Hitch & SuperRails / Trailair Tri-Glide Air Ride Pin Box #21,000 / Honda 3000i Handi

mdamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #3

Watch those rear cabinet doors as well..They can come open while moving the unit and it can catch the edge of the slide while extending, It could easily pop off the facia or bust the cabinet door.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #4

Mine came with tie downs for the drawers and rubber bands on the cabinets. My wife bought some of the thick hair bands for the doors and they work great
Prodigy Controller

dlturner00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
35qb4