Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #21
Papi

Hello Boat.
The garage door is also on my punch list. Given ours was at a couple shows, and as I recall it worked when we saw it, now it just falls down.
As I recall it would stay put wherever you placed it. As an interim I made a cherry stick with a notch on one end to straddle the lower edge of the door. It looks great - matches interior fine but it's temporary! We're dropping the RV off for punch items after 6/22. If I remember I'll put a post on as to the results.
It should just roll up/down and stay put by itself. Otherwise it's pretty useless, right?
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #22

It can be fixed. We had our 34RLSA back to the factory to have some issues taken care of, and while it was there we asked them to see if they could do something about it. They were familiar with the issue and had a fix in mind. I'm not sure exactly what they did, but whatever it was it took care of the problem. Now the door slides up and down easily, but as it nears the top, there is increased resistance and it stays in place when pushed up.

Carroll

2020 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
2011 Ford F250 Superduty Powerstroke
cbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #23

Didn't know it was called a "Hoosier cabinet", but we have the same type cabinet (including staying up problem) as you in our 34RLSA. We found a couple of rubber "clips" in our unit (can't remember where) and I clip them over the track - one on top of the other. They hold the door up fine. I would think all of Ducky's suggestions would work as well - although installing a tensioner would be beyond my meager workmanship capabilities. Not quite as elegant, but an old-fashioned clothespin might work too.

Anyway, enjoy that 36CKTS!! It has an additional couple of interior feet length, but otherwise has a very similar floorplan as our 34RLSA. Love 'em!
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #24
Papi

FR needs a kick

This whole thread is getting more absurd all the time...and I'm part of it folks. I have one of these falling things and it's time FR got it's stuff together and admitted to a problem and offered a solution! How can you offer a tambour type "door" and not have it stay where you put it - especially fully up. What if all the roll top desk companies told buyers, "Hey, not my problem. Just don't use it!"
I'll be sure to make an issue of it when I return my 36CKTS to dealer in June to take care of my punch list. The garage door is in the top five. I'll report results if necessary.
There...I'm finished. Thank you for listening.
now in same place.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #25

I have a 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRL with the same Tambour Door problem (will not stay up).

Has anyone found out what service or the factory does to solve the problem. It seems that they must have worked at one point in time!
gatogonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatogonow View Post
I have a 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRL with the same Tambour Door problem (will not stay up).

Has anyone found out what service or the factory does to solve the problem. It seems that they must have worked at one point in time!
Here is what I did.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...oor-42634.html

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #27

Thank you Sir, you are a Scholar and a Gentleman!
gatogonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #28

I might add the garage door is the door for the applicance cabinet in the kitchen. I think that is what is being referred to here. It's not the thing you usually think of as a garage door!

Bill
bspickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #29

One of the first items I checked when we entered ours today was that much talked about Hoosier cabinet. At first it wouldn't stay up - till the salesman showed me the error of my ways. When it's pushed into its detent, it locks UP. Maybe I helped you.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #30
Papi

What detent?

Thanks for reply arjerram! Got me all excited. Just where is this detent supposed to be? I tried several times to find anything that would catch the door without luck. Now...for the record, I must tell you that mine is/was a "show" model. When my wife and I walked through she clearly recalls the garage door staying put. Of course, not so now. It's possible there WAS some kind of catch/detent. I'm not sure. It is still on the punch list however for the trip to Tom Johnson's in August. So...just where/what is this detent supposed to be? Let me see if there is any evidence that it was there or not. Thanks for info though!
now in same place.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #31

Ok, maybe "detent" was not the correct word. Mine goes up and seems to catch on something. But only when we push it up a bit more after it stops. See? Detent!
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #32
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
Ok, maybe "detent" was not the correct word. Mine goes up and seems to catch on something. But only when we push it up a bit more after it stops. See? Detent!
With no pics, there's nothing to see.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #33

When I picked mine up, I could get it to stay all the way up by pushing it up just a little bit extra also. However, I discovered that it was actually wrapping around so that the back of the knobs was pressing against the layer below, scratching the finish. You might want to check and make sure that's not happening. The Cedar Creek service dept. fixed mine the same way as others have outlined above - placing a shim at the top.
Carroll

2020 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
2011 Ford F250 Superduty Powerstroke
cbari is offline   Reply With Quote