Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #1

2013 36ckts

after suffering with my Forest River Ridgeview for over a year we traded it in on a new 36 CKTS touring edition, picking it up on Tues. anything I need to know from those who have had one for a while? Seems rather unproductive on our part, we had a 2010 36 RE TOURING and the new diesel truck to tow it, traded it on the Rideview and sold the truck so this purchase required me to pick up a 2012 F350 DRW , I hope the wife likes this one, I can't afford another change of mind!!
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #2

Holy Cow, the 36 CKTS is a beautiful RV and Cedar Creek makes a great unit. If your wife doesn't like this one you need to quit RVing. Just saying.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob34787 View Post
after suffering with my Forest River Ridgeview for over a year we traded it in on a new 36 CKTS touring edition, picking it up on Tues. anything I need to know from those who have had one for a while? Seems rather unproductive on our part, we had a 2010 36 RE TOURING and the new diesel truck to tow it, traded it on the Rideview and sold the truck so this purchase required me to pick up a 2012 F350 DRW , I hope the wife likes this one, I can't afford another change of mind!!
We have one and love it. We drove from TX to PA to pick it up in early May, then took 5 weeks to find our way back home and followed that trip up a month later with a 3 weeker to the Nashville area. We are now planning our third extened trip, this time to the Cherokee NC area for 3 or more weeks. Can't get enough of this Creek. I have about 40 mods done so far, you know like a dog marking his territory, I'm making this one mine.

I'm glad DW likes it, don't know what I'd do if she felt any other way about this trailer.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Holy Cow, the 36 CKTS is a beautiful RV and Cedar Creek makes a great unit. If your wife doesn't like this one you need to quit RVing. Just saying.
Was he speaking about the trailer or truck? Both?
Anyway your comment about the trailer is right on.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #5

thanks for the input, I had the entry steps changed to 4 step unit and added the washer dryer hope it works for her. as far as the truck it is getting about 14 mpg which is already 3 mpg better than my 08 6.4
Old 08-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #6
Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob34787 View Post
Bob,
We took delivery of our 36CKTS in early May and are loving it large. So far, we have spent 58 days in her in two separate trips. We have another 38 days planned before 2012 comes to a close. I've done about 40 mods so far, some small and other not so small just to make it ours. We have the TrailAir Air Ride pin box which I feel is a must have, given the sorry state of our roads these days. A couple of important things that we have to be mindful of is weight, its easy to overload this trailer and tire pressure.

Enjoy your new Creek, travel safe & enjoy your journeys.
Hope to cross paths someday soon to compare notes.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #7
Old Member

BTW the is a Cedar Creek RV Owners Club, CCRVOC http://www.cedarcreekrvownersclub.com with their International Rally planned for June 3-9 2013 in Sevierville, TN. There will be more than 35 Creeks in attendance. Quite a gathering of like minded souls.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #8

Mike,
we have been in it for 8 days now, only problems so far are the hinges pulling out of the upper cabinet doors and the front A/C keeps freezing up, as far as over loading its highly unlikely we will move from our site at Disneys Fort Wilderness for the next few years so weight is not a problem.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #9
Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob34787
Mike,
we have been in it for 8 days now, only problems so far are the hinges pulling out of the upper cabinet doors and the front A/C keeps freezing up, as far as over loading its highly unlikely we will move from our site at Disneys Fort Wilderness for the next few years so weight is not a problem.
We had the same issue w/ hinge failure. Rather than spend time w/ warranty, a price of 3/8" dowel glued in place cured the problem. Sounds as if you have a plan that also cures the weight issue as well. Enjoy your new Creek.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #10

mike,
my dealer is going to come down to the Fort and add a second plunger and glue the plastic plugs in place as far as weight issue i bought a new f350 DRW to drag it from my present site at disney to any other site in here that the wife picks. the only thing i need is a hitch as my ford came with the hitch prep but will only accept a reese elite or b&w oem companion.