Old 08-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #1
2014 31RK Fresh Water Capacity

I know that there are past posts about stated fresh water capacity but I wanted to share my experience with other Cedar Creek owners especially those with a 2014 31RK. The sales literature I received prior to purchase said 64 gallons of Demand Fresh Water Capacity for all of the 2014 Silverbacks. After our 4th dry camping trip I decided to measure how much capacity I actually have since it always seemed like we ran out too soon. I was able to put 39 gallons into the fresh water tank before 2 gallons then poured out the overflow. I was able to put 10 gallons into the hot water heater. So in reality I have 47 gallons on board. If the literature had said 54 gallons I would chalk it up to marketing bloat. But 64 gallons is quite funny.

SO if you are wondering how much you can carry, you may want to measure it...not that you can do anything about it except purchase more water at Sam's Club to store in the truck.

birdman77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #2
I guess I'll have to fill up my Cedar Creek and then let it run out and see what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote

2014, fresh water, water