Old 04-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #11

We have a 2014 29RE that's about 3 months old. So far, we've had no issues other than things I have broken. We couldn't be happier with the unit. Plus we downsized from a heavy 40 foot XLR to this 34 foot double axle and that makes me happy every time I pull out on the highway or pull into an RV park!

Danno

danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #12

We have the 2013 29RE silverback and really like it there are some things like every rv that I would have designed differently. There are also a few things i have changed. Overall we have been pleased with our unit. One of the things we do not like is the finish on the table. The waterborne finish they are using is not very durable. I am going to refinish over the off season this year with a oil based polyurethane finish. I would just make sure you have a good dealer to make the initial repairs to your unit. We had to have the cabinet doors aligned, decals on the outside repaired, water pump replaced, and a lot of loose fittings tightened. I also replace the bathroom sink faucet because the one that came with the unit didn't extend far enough into the sink and when ever you washed your hands the countertop got soaked.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #13
Plain Old Member

Funny you mention the table. I'm of the same opinion you have. I'm fixing to stash the original one and build a more durable table in it's place. If we trade, I'll throw the original back in there. Stock table is just way to delicate for us. Changed out ALL faucets as well, for your reason, plus just general quality. Moen makes a pivoting bathroom faucet that looks almost like a miniature kitchen faucet. Found this at lowes and is excellent for the side mount in the master bath. In the kids bath, I went with just a longer neck (non pivoting) model since my kids would experiment with how much water they could get everywhere but the sink.

I hate to admit it, but I think I've put between $2000-$3000 worth of upgrades in this thing, just to get it where I was half way satisfied. Bad thing is, I'm not even close to finished.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #14

If not finding a great deal on an older Cedar Creek (2011 34RL) we would have bought one!
As mentioned by others, all makes can come with issues and go down the road getting knock about, but feel both CC and Sliverbacks are built well and have good owners feed back.
Hope this helps!
Past RV's: Misc.tents,V.W.Campers('65,'69) 2012 Arctic Fox 25S.
Camping Day's: 2012:25,2013:27,2014:38,2015:38
Little John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #15

One thing with both the CC and the SB is the hung walls seem to look wavy. We were at a CG about 2 months ago and a nice Cedar Creek was near us. As we walked thru the CG and looked at the sides you could really see the waves in the wall. Since they're hung that means they're only fastened at the studs allowing the wall surface between the studs to pucker. Does anyone else notice this?
There's also a SilverBack on a road I take occasionally and it too shows the wavy walls. I don't think it's an issue but appearance wise it's not really flattering.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #16

No issue with our new 2015! Looks great, smells great and tows like a dream! Trust me. I have prior experience. No waves in any part of this unit! Perhaps you are mis reading the reflections of the high gloss gel coat siding. Many, many compliments on the looks of this unit. Could not be happier!
Old 05-11-2014, 03:39 AM   #17
Plain Old Member

Never seen a wavy wall on one, or any other hung wall unit. On a laminated wall though, I've seen plenty of imperfections.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcampbell View Post
We are strongly considering the CC silverback would like to know the pros and cons from current owners ...
We have a 2013 Silverback 29 RE no major issues, shower doors leaking! So far we like it a lot.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #19
Plain Old Member

Just curious, where is your shower door leaking? Ours was allowing water to splash out at the bottom between the door and base rail. Studied on it awhile, and adjusted the top rail / track down a bit, problem solved.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Just curious, where is your shower door leaking? Ours was allowing water to splash out at the bottom between the door and base rail. Studied on it awhile, and adjusted the top rail / track down a bit, problem solved.
two places, both were the glass frame touches the wall at the base of the shower. After a shower a little bit of water on the floor in those two areas.
kind of a neo angle shower?

Tags