Old 12-30-2013, 03:04 AM   #21
jlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I have no idea why they took out the cathedral ceiling on the driver's side in the living area. Being slightly OCD I don't think I could handle having one slideoout with the cathedral ceiling and one flat.

I think I'm in a minority, but I like the new color. But then my Silverback is white and not grey.
We are in the minority with you. We have a 2014 silverback and ours is a cream color and we love it. As far as the drivers side being non cathedral, I really don't notice it. Besides it gives more "shelf" for knick knacks

Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf View Post

We are in the minority with you. We have a 2014 silverback and ours is a cream color and we love it. As far as the drivers side being non cathedral, I really don't notice it. Besides it gives more "shelf" for knick knacks
I wish they would add the driver side Cathedral slide back. We like it on others and when we are ready to buy again we hope they change that. I like the new bathroom except for the loss of bedroom space and the funky faucet placement. You would think they could 6 to 8 to the overall trailer length and fix that

Old 01-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #23

I went to the Chicago rv show today and was able to see the new silverback s in person. I still like the silverback but do not like they got rid of the driver side Cathedral side out and I and the wife hate the bathroom sink with the off to the side faucet. I hope they change that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #24

The opposing cathedral ceilings was something DW and I really liked about the Silverbacks when we were looking at 5th wheels. Really gave a open feeling. Too bad they did away with the one on the driver side. Don't like the new bathroom faucet location either, seems very inconvenient to use.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #25
jlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
The opposing cathedral ceilings was something DW and I really liked about the Silverbacks when we were looking at 5th wheels. Really gave a open feeling. Too bad they did away with the one on the driver side. Don't like the new bathroom faucet location either, seems very inconvenient to use.
I am not sure when you say the faucet is off to the side. We have the 2014 silverback 33rl. I wish the shower was the "full" size shower. But our faucet is in the back of the sink and not to the side.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #26

Quote:
I am not sure when you say the faucet is off to the side. We have the 2014 silverback 33rl. I wish the shower was the "full" size shower. But our faucet is in the back of the sink and not to the side.
Is the living room slide on the drivers side a cathedral?
At some point in the fall of 2013 the 33rl was modified to include the full size shower, the sink with the faucet on the side and one of the slides in the living room lost the cathedral ceiling. Both versions of this model are 2014's.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:47 AM   #27
jlf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Is the living room slide on the drivers side a cathedral?
At some point in the fall of 2013 the 33rl was modified to include the full size shower, the sink with the faucet on the side and one of the slides in the living room lost the cathedral ceiling. Both versions of this model are 2014's.
We actually have the cathedral ceilings on both sides. Question, should you rather have a full shower and awkward faucet or the typical "half" shower? That is the one of the things I liked about the CKTS. If we had the extra,extra money, that one was my dream! But I am very satisfied with the 33rl.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:00 AM   #28

We have the corner shower and as we look to upgrade the full shower is a must have. We had pretty much narrowed it down to the newly remodelled Silverback and the Columbus. Now I see the Mountaineer and the Avalanche have both done mid year remodels and have the bigger showers. Now I have to add 2 more to my prospective list
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #29

Quote:
We actually have the cathedral ceilings on both sides. Question, should you rather have a full shower and awkward faucet or the typical "half" shower? That is the one of the things I liked about the CKTS. If we had the extra,extra money, that one was my dream! But I am very satisfied with the 33rl.
I would rather have the half shower. When were at the RV shower yesterday the wife and I just stared at the faucet and could not imagine even using it. It is probably more complicated then this but add 3 inches to the overall length of the trailer and make a normal sink.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #30

Just noticed a thread titled " Silverback Changes " dated July 2013 which preceeds this thread dated December 2013. I wish I had seen that thread before starting this one. Sorry! It's nicer to have all the info to a common topic in one place rather than scattered all over the forum. If the moderators have the ability to move this thread info to the earlier thread that would be awesome. Thanks.