Old 02-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #11

We have the 38CK and love it

Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #12

We use the pantry for both food and dishes. We have racks of shelves in the laundry closet and have many more shelves in the clothes closet. This unit has enough storage to way overload it.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #13

I really liked the CK also but the wife said not enough cabinets. We will be full time so cabinets won.

2016 Ford F350 DRW
2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #14

That's why so many models are offered. What you need is shelves. The 38 is just plain bigger.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:02 AM   #15
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Both the CK & CKTS have their strong points. We have the CKTS (CK wasn't avail in '13) and love it, love it, love it! Doin bout 180 days a year and have no issues or complaints other than FR not permitting upfitting on chassis by the buyer. So far we have 'bout 60 mods done including the MorRyde IS/Kodiak hydraulic disc brakes. You are so right about in the end is what ever makes DW happy, happy, happy!

Travel safe & enjoy your journeys!

from iPad
Old 02-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #16

Was reading the comments between the 36CKTS and the 38CK, will go back and review both models. I like the stairs in the the 38CK they do not seem to be as steep as the 36CKTS. We have the 34RLSA and we are thinking going up to the next model. Having to turn the recliners is one issue as well as looking at the TV from the side. Question who likes the all in one double recliners versus the individual rocker recliners? Any other pro/cons between the 2 units. I think I especially like the bathroom in the 38CK going from hall to bedroom. You don't feel like your are flashing. I would give up the dishwasher for storage space for the 38CK. Just a note as I am looking for models of the 38CK, I am finding they are not available to look see on the dealers lots. Just wondering why. Are they a popular model and they can't keep up with the manufacturing or is there another reason. Thanks in advance for any other comments.

Kenny-Donna
Cedar Creek 34RLSA
Old 02-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #17

We had similar issues. We ordered our CK38 with the dishwasher deleted. We got the individual rocker recliners, I don't expect them to last long. I'm a big guy. In our Montana, we had put in oversize electric wall-away recliners. We had to remove the dinette table and chairs, and missed it. We plan to keep the table and chairs in the CC.

I prefer the TV straight across from where we sit, too. We got the 46", it's a little overpowering right now. I'm sure we'll get used to it.

We have just finished moving everything from our 3400RL Montana to the 38CK. We are struggling with storage space. It's not the CC doesn't have enough, but it's in different places. We had 8 years to find every nook in the Montana, this will take a while, too.

We rented a local storage room, and moved some things from our former hometown storage room (that we never go to anymore) to far South Texas where we winter. We have been carrying too much in the Montana, and have moved several (ok, many) boxes of misc. stuff to storage.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:52 AM   #18

36CKTS versus 38CK

Thanks for your thoughts. I found a place in NJ that has the 36CKTS and the 38CK on their lot. I think we will be taking a road trip for a look see.

Kenny-Donna
Cedar Creek 34RLSA
2015 Chevy 3500 Silverado Duramax
Dover, DE
Old 02-27-2015, 05:49 PM   #19

Let us know what you think after your road trip. You want to make sure the floor plan and storage will work for you.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #20

CedarCreek 36CKTS or 38CK

We will be sure to check out the storage space. I think with the 38CK you have the hall closet for additional space. I really do not want the dishwasher, that is additional storage space. We have a washer/dryer combo we would take out of the unit we have now and put in the new unit when we decide which one we want. So they won't take useable space from the bedroom closet. Hubby has to look a underneath storage between the 2 units. When we go for our look see I will post our pros/cons between the 2 units. The other thing I look at are the number of electrical outlets. One can never have too many. Any one have any additional thoughts pro/cons on the 2 units? Will keep all posted.

Kenny-Donna

Tags
storage