Originally Posted by Sterlingsilver
You guys are scaring me. Can I be there when you hook things up. I want to see the big flash and smell the melting insulation. Seriously, I think you mean volts (not amps). What you quoted if as volts would be correct. Voltage should be well above 12 when freshly charged. As the battery charge is used up, the voltage will drop to as little as 10. Keep sucking it down and you damage the battery. You wall get the warranted years (a couple) if you regularly hog down the battery each cycle. You will get as many as 10 years on the batteries if you don't draw them down below 1/2. Watch the indicator lights on your control panel inside.
You are right it's volts but you don't want to draw your batteries down below 11.9 volts, that's 40 percent
I am just very careful around batteries, I hook them up all the time I am just careful. Now electricity that's another matter, on that I am a danger to myself and those around me, when I mess with anything electric my wife gets her phone out to be ready to call 911 because I am a accident waiting to happen
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums