Old 07-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #1

2015 CC 38rd Inverter

Does anyone know the brand of inverter being put into the 2015 RV's? I received an E04 while traveling on the road today. The past few times when arriving to our location the inverter acts as though it had been turned off but the button was in the remote operation mode. Batteries showing 13.4 so good voltage. I will be contacting customer service but wanted to see if anyone is having the same problem.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition

Old 07-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #2

Had the same Code on mine in a 36CKTS. Inverter was bad had to be replaced. Cedar Creek shipped me one and I swapped it out. Good luck.

Rick & Cindy
2015 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS
2015 Ford F-350 DRW
2003 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

2016 Ford F350 DRW
2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
clr

We have a 2016 Sanibel 3601. The inverter for the refrigerator is made by Magnum Energy. Model number CSW1012, Puse Sine Wave Inverter. We still have not found the location of it, assuming it may be behind the cover panel in the belly storage compartment. There is also a transfer switch, Magnum Energy model CSW-TS15, and of course the Remote Switch in the main control panel, Magnum Energy model CSW-RS.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:32 AM   #4

Same problem here with our 38CK. The unit was a Xantrex 1100. I assumed it was surge overload. I tried a 1500 watt Centech from Harbor Freight and wouldn't start the fridge but a 2000 does fine. As inveters go it was dirt cheap. I use it with a toggle switch for transfer. Almost fool proof. Will mess with the Xantrex in my spare time. With the exception of efficiency, you can't have too much inverter capacity. Also, larger capacity units don't need to run their noisy fans so much just to power a fridge. The Centech also fits real nicely.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:14 PM   #5

Jeff from the factory has helped on this issue. Apparently the wiring diagram on the wall of the battery compartment is not correct and the wiring needs to be changed. I a going to change the wiring to match the new diagram from Cedar Creek. They believe this will solve the problem.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
Old 07-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #6

When I first got my Cedar Creek I was getting error code E04, I found out the batteries were not hooked up right. I had four six volt batteries but the way they were hooked up was I had two 12 volt batteries instead of one 12 volt battery, I changed the wiring and it works great

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:05 AM   #7

When I purchased my 2015 CC 38FL Hathaway Edition I was told by the dealer that the WFCO model WF-5100 inverter should be turned off whenever shore power was on. This trailer has 4 large 6 volt batteries, 2 wired in series for the main power to the slides, levelers and other DC loads. The other 2 wired in series for the inverter for 115Vac for the refrigerator. When I got home and plugged in (50A 120/240 RV pedestal) I still had no power to the refrigerator so I plugged it into the wall plug under the table. Whenever I tried to turn the inverter on, it would run for a few minutes and then show an E04 code and the "inverter fail" led came on.
The dealership sent a tech with a replacement inverter. He told me that the inverter battery string was recharged while traveling by the tow vehicle umbilical. I know that does recharge the main battery string. After the tech left, the new inverter failed with the same E04 code. I was curious about what he had said about the battery string being charged so I traced all the wiring. Their is no other wire to the inverter string than the inverter itself. Per the manual, the inverter is ALWAYS on and 115Vac passes thru to the load and transfers to inverter power if "utility" power is interrupted. It is what we call in the computer industry a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Suply). The inverter has a charging circuit that charges the battery when utility / shore power is on. I checked the voltage on the battery strings; main string (charged by the converter and tow vehicle umbilical) 13.38V, inverter string 10.25V. As I was reaching in with my volt meter leads I bumped the terminal on the link between the 2 6V batteries. The nut was so lose it turned! I tightened it FINGER TIGHT, did not even use a wrench, and the inverter worked fine! After a few hours of charging the inverter inverter turned off, it had overheated trying to do the heavy charging needed. The voltage was up to 10.89V. I got my charger and started charging with it. also turning the inverter on after it cooled off. the next morning the voltage is up to 11.95V Just like any UPS, for each hour of max output, it takes 24 to 48 hours of trickle charge to recover!
Old 07-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #8

batteries in series / parallel,
spock123 I believe the reason for 2 separate strings of batteries is to separate the "non essential" refrigerator from the "essential" loads like levelers and slid-outs. If you are camping without "shore power" and your refrig runs down the "combined" battery, how will you retract the levelers and slide-outs? Also, their are 2 charging systems. The inverter trickle charges it's string and the main converter charges the main string AND powers everything when shore power is present.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #9

One thing I always carry is my Honda's so run down battery is never a problem. When all four batteries are hooked to gather I get no error code, hooked up to the truck all you get is a trickle charge to your batteries

Old 07-12-2015, 09:03 AM   #10

Besides with just two batteries you will not have a frig long, the batteries that was put in my camper was not Trojan

Tags
inverter