Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #1

2015 Cedar Creek 38RD

Has anyone seen any details on this new unit? All I can find is the floor plan.
JTW1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #2

First I heard of it but here are some pics. http://www.northeastrvsupershow.com/...r-creek/362475

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #3

Thank you for the information. Now I have to decide if I want the 38FL or the 38RD. How do you like the 38FL?
Old 09-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #4

Just completing our second year with it for the camping season and we love it (DW loves it the most, so I love it be default... LOL). It provides us enough dressing room and movement in the bedroom, when we are in the front we are reading or watching some TV so while it is a little darker up there, it suites how we use it. The desk works well as I work remotely which allows us to get out and camp a bit more even if I have to work during the days.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTW1123 View Post
Thank you for the information. Now I have to decide if I want the 38FL or the 38RD. How do you like the 38FL?
We like our 38FL enough to be full timing in it. I'll probably make a few more minor changes to make it "ours", but we absolutely love the layout.

Happy shopping.....
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTW1123 View Post

We love our 38fl. We took possession in April and have been out on several extended journeys. It gives us the feeling of three (four, if you include the bathroom) separate living spaces inside the rig. The bedroom is pretty spacious even when the door is closed. When it is closed and the weather has turned cooler, the room is easier to keep warm using a small oil filled radiator we have. The kitchen diner is large enough for two people to move around while preparing a meal and setting the table. While the living room is very spacious to relax and watch TV in. The electric fire up there is also great when the weather is cool.

On our last trip we had a guest with us who slept in one of the air mattress beds. We clipped a pair of thermal drapes across the living room which provided both us and our guest some privacy.

I also prefer trailers with two doors allowing me to exit from either end. The 38fl checks that box too.

My wife wishes there was a full length mirror but that's about all we are missing.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With a F350 dually
2014 37 nights and 4375km.......so far

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #7

Soooo. Has ANYONE seen the Cedar Creek 38RD in person? Looking at pictures, it appears it may have everything I wanted in an RV. IF so, what are your honest opinions and or impressions of it? They appear to be in short supply right now.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #8

Finally was able to seen a 38RD in person today, our dealer just got it in this last week. It is a awesome rig. The outdoor kitchen is exactly what the cedar creek needed in this price range. The MSRP is 94,975.00 the dealer price has it at 69,892.00. Ok for the rig itself it has lots of room in the rear den with a large couch and two recliners, a 46" Jensen flat screen tv, surround sound, fireplace and already wired for dish tv. Lots of storage in the entertainment center. This unit had pocket doors for the den where you can close them and make a second bedroom, couch folds out into a nice and comfortable queen size bed. The front bath and bedroom are like other Cedar Creeks. The kitchen is nice but the only draw back is the lack of cabinet space. The wife really wishes there was a pantry. The basement is the largest off all Cedar Creeks we have seen. This unit has 5 slide out when they are all in you still have easy access to the bathroom and master bedroom. The outdoor kitchen has everything you need, a frig, microwave, sink that drains into the gray tank and a quick connection for a gas grill. Lots of cabinet space and drawer space. This rig had a back up camera installed as well as a hitch. We were ready to purchase the Cedar Creek 38 FL, but after seeing the 38RD I think we are going to get this rig. The dealer said if we purchase it on Monday we will be camping Friday.

Tags
cedar creek