Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2015, 11:57 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
2016 'Cottage' Black Tank flush

I have just set up in an RV Park and have not been able to find out how to work the black tank flush or what it does. The manual is uninformative. Can anyone help ?
__________________

__________________
adirondackcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:08 AM   #2
Member
 
Christian_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackcamper View Post
I have just set up in an RV Park and have not been able to find out how to work the black tank flush or what it does. The manual is uninformative. Can anyone help ?
I can't speak to the black tank flush in your unit, but the one I have is pretty straight-forward. Open the handle for the black tank, so everything drains out; and leave it open. Connect a water hose to the black tank flush and begin sending water in. The water rinses the black tank and drains it through your sewer hose. Let it run until the water runs clear.

Hope that helps some...

FYI... It's just an option for cleaning out your black tank......like after a camping trip or if you feel like the black tank is extra nasty. ..and it is only to be used on an emptied out black tank and with the tank drain open.
__________________

__________________
Christian
Reno, NV
2015 Georgetown 270
Days Camped 2015: 40
Days Camped 2016: 03
Christian_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:20 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_D View Post
I can't speak to the black tank flush in your unit, but the one I have is pretty straight-forward. Open the handle for the black tank, so everything drains out; and leave it open. Connect a water hose to the black tank flush and begin sending water in. The water rinses the black tank and drains it through your sewer hose. Let it run until the water runs clear.

Hope that helps some...

FYI... It's just an option for cleaning out your black tank......like after a camping trip or if you feel like the black tank is extra nasty. ..and it is only to be used on an emptied out black tank and with the tank drain open.

There is a YouTube video that we all should watch about cleaning out the black water tank, it is good, I learned a lot and I have been dumping the black water tank a long time. When you empty the black water tank and first off you need one of those see thur elbow, so you can see what's coming out of the tank. What you need to do is hook up the black water flush and turn it on while the tank is running out, when the tank is empty then close the valve to the black water tank and let the black tank fill up. Go inside camper and look at the gauge that's shows how much water is in the black tank, when black tank is like 3/4 full then go outside and pull the valve on the black water tank and see what comes out. If stuff still comes out then repeat the process until water runs clear. I always thought it was just a quick process but it will take some time. You can also hook your outside shower to the the black water flush and run hot water in the black tank to help clear it. Watch the video on YouTube, just type in cleaning rv black water tank


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
Member
 
Christian_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
There is a YouTube video that we all should watch about cleaning out the black water tank, it is good, I learned a lot and I have been dumping the black water tank a long time. When you empty the black water tank and first off you need one of those see thur elbow, so you can see what's coming out of the tank. What you need to do is hook up the black water flush and turn it on while the tank is running out, when the tank is empty then close the valve to the black water tank and let the black tank fill up. Go inside camper and look at the gauge that's shows how much water is in the black tank, when black tank is like 3/4 full then go outside and pull the valve on the black water tank and see what comes out. If stuff still comes out then repeat the process until water runs clear. I always thought it was just a quick process but it will take some time. You can also hook your outside shower to the the black water flush and run hot water in the black tank to help clear it. Watch the video on YouTube, just type in cleaning rv black water tank


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I can absolutely see how that would be more thorough, but I don't trust myself not to get distracted or caught up in something else in the time it takes me to get from point A to point B. Sad but true...

When I'm packing up after a trip and after I have emptied the black tank, I then fill it up about 2/3's while I still have the water connected and empty that as an "extra". But for me and the flush option, I keep the drain open just to avoid nasty flooding.
__________________
Christian
Reno, NV
2015 Georgetown 270
Days Camped 2015: 40
Days Camped 2016: 03
Christian_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: oakdale, ca
Posts: 289
I will also after dump and rinse out as spock123 above will refill tank about 1/2 way and drive home from my location. You would be surprised how much stuff still comes out when it gets some water movement in the tank. I then will dump that waist in my septic at home. This is done when I am done with it for the season.
__________________
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by j free View Post
I will also after dump and rinse out as spock123 above will refill tank about 1/2 way and drive home from my location. You would be surprised how much stuff still comes out when it gets some water movement in the tank. I then will dump that waist in my septic at home. This is done when I am done with it for the season.

I do that too, drive home and let it all move around then empty when I get home. I go somewhere every month, that's what I like about the Creek and it doesn't get to cold here in NC. Does anyone on here ever put Rid X in black tank?


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 51
Rid-X

It will do nothing. You have a holding tank not a septic tank. If the contents were in there for several months, it might do something but that is debatable even in a home system.
__________________
leland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 89
The techs at CC told me to use that flush every time I empty the black water. So I do. Then I put maybe 10 gallons of water in the tank and add the blue stuff (can't recall the name but it is sold at CW, WalMart, and other places). It doesn't have to be the blue stuff, in fact I now use some green stuff. Then I button her up and drive to the next campground. The water and blue stuff slosh around in the tank while driving over our wonderful roads and when I hook up the sewer at the next CG, I open the tank and watch with amazement the chunks and stuff that come out. I do have one of those see thru elbows on my sewer hose. Add some more water to the tank and use the system as normal. Next departure, do it all over again. I have been doing this somewhat more lengthy process ever since I got a clogged black tank valve a couple of years ago. Works very well for me.
__________________
Skip & Susan Orrell
Hurst, Texas
2013 34 RLSA w/ most of the options
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:48 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 34
X2. I also cycle the black water tank valve to get any debris out that may keep the valve from sealing.
__________________
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dacula, Georgia
Posts: 1,200
I had a black tank issue on a recent Florida stay. Bought a clear plastic 6 inch extension affixed to dump exit.
Was not sure if sensor was wrong or something in trap exit preventing proper flow.
Did as recommended on this forum. 16 pound bag of ice in toilet and 1/2 cup of Dawn. ( Drove 300 miles ) Presto, flow was crazy good. Back flushed for 30 minutes via
spray system. EVERYTHING CAME FLOWING OUT. Glad to have that clear cap outlet. You can see when it is simply clear water flow. Best $12 spent!! And POOP smells so nice! 😎
__________________

__________________
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.