Old 10-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #11

Ceiling fans, 7000# axles, and remote for hydraulic functions are all available on Silverbacks ... you just have to order them and of course pay the money. If the dealer says otherwise, they don't have much enthusiasm for a buyer. If the dealer is clueless, get ahold of the district sales rep and get a quote.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #12

I asked my dealer about the ceiling fans at a show this year. The explanation was that the cathedral ceiling slide outs would interfere with the fan blades when closing the slides.

I looked at a 5th wheel from SOB and they had a ceiling fan with the cathedral ceiling slides but the blades were very short. So short they seemed like they wouldn't move much air.

strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #13

That was some pretty quick thinking for his answer. My 33IK only has the cathedral ceilings on the curbside and bedroom slides. The ceiling fan is placed pretty far back so it is way into the sloping part of the cathedral ceiling. My fan is what I describe as normal sized and it moves the air.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
That was some pretty quick thinking for his answer. My 33IK only has the cathedral ceilings on the curbside and bedroom slides. The ceiling fan is placed pretty far back so it is way into the sloping part of the cathedral ceiling. My fan is what I describe as normal sized and it moves the air.
I was in a trailer with a cathedral ceiling slide in the living area and it did look to me like the height of the cathedral slide ceiling would require short blades on the fan in the living area for the slide not to hit them when it was retracted but I didn't measure it.

Same thing with the one we went in that had a cathedral ceiling in the bedroom slide.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:33 PM   #15

My fiver has the quiet cool A/C so there is no ceiling return vent in the middle. I reckon this allows the fan to be mounted a bit farther back. Like said, it still moves the air over the sofa and theater seats to our satisfaction. I'll measure the fan diameter when I get home just for FYI. Bottom line ... wouldn't be without it.

On edit 42" ceiling fan
Old 10-21-2015, 05:00 PM   #16

Location: Jonesboro AR--Home of Arkansas State University and the Red Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat56 View Post
I asked my dealer about the ceiling fans at a show this year. The explanation was that the cathedral ceiling slide outs would interfere with the fan blades when closing the slides.

I looked at a 5th wheel from SOB and they had a ceiling fan with the cathedral ceiling slides but the blades were very short. So short they seemed like they wouldn't move much air.
Our 2014 Silverback 33RL has cathedral ceilings in all 3 slides and we have a ceiling fan(regular size)....I have even forgotten to turn the fan off on occasions, brought the slides in, and never had a clearance issue.....it goes over the top of the slides and keeps right on running.
2014 - 38 nights/3500 mi.; 2015 - 66 nights/6260 mi.; 2016 - 44 nights/6106 mi.
2017-59 nights/5901 mi.
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #17

2014 33rl comparable unit owner?!
Mine is the last 2014 line built and mso'd as a 2015.
No cathedral slide over kitchen side ?? (0n mine) ??
I am positive as I am buying a slide topper soon for that huge flat slide.

Also, we have a rear living ceiling hugger fan and it makes a HUGE difference in moving that air in summer and pushing heat back down in reverse mode in the winter.
There is no room in the slides for a normal ceiling fan.