Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #11
RWB
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
Hello:

We are looking at a new 36CKTS. Forest River posts the dry pin weight at about 2500 lbs. We have a Carriage Cameo, and a loaded pin weight of about 3,000 lbs.

Our truck is a 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, 4WD long box, with the Duramax/Allison. The payload capacity is about 4,200 lbs.

Does anyone have the pin weight of a loaded 36CKTS?

Thanks,
Rick
__________________

__________________
RWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:31 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
keith52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWB View Post
Hello:

We are looking at a new 36CKTS. Forest River posts the dry pin weight at about 2500 lbs. We have a Carriage Cameo, and a loaded pin weight of about 3,000 lbs.

Our truck is a 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, 4WD long box, with the Duramax/Allison. The payload capacity is about 4,200 lbs.

Does anyone have the pin weight of a loaded 36CKTS?

Thanks,
Rick
I have the same truck as you except for a 2014 Crew Cab. Just weighed my rig (36ckts) last weekend. The pin weight was 3060 pounds with no generator in the front storage compartment.
__________________

__________________
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:04 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith52 View Post
I have the same truck as you except for a 2014 Crew Cab. Just weighed my rig (36ckts) last weekend. The pin weight was 3060 pounds with no generator in the front storage compartment.
What was the difference between the total dry weight of the 5er and the weight you got when you weighed it? I'm interested in how much payload you put in over the UVW weight of the 5er.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
keith52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 322
CWSWine, I don't have a total dry weight as we were on our way home from our shake down trip when I had it weighed. Had 1/2 tank of fresh water and the holding tanks were also about 1/2 full. Unit has 4 6volt batteries up front and I had about 30 gallons of diesel fuel in the trucks aux. tank. Thought that might be close to the fully loaded weight that RWB was asking about.
__________________
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:09 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
The dry weight or UVW is 12670 for the 35CKTS, you said you had a 3060 pin weight and the scales should of given you the weight of you 5er axles. Add together you 5er axles and the pin weight will give you the total weight of your loaded 5er. That is the number I interested in, I passed on buying the 5er thinking it would be lot more than 3060 pin weight and I just wonder how much cargo you had in your 5er.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
DKRITTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Haslet Texas
Posts: 573
We left for a 2 week trip at Christmas and stopped at a scale to see what it all weighed.

The whole trailer weighed about 15K with 3K of that being tongue weight.

We don't have a generator and all of the tanks were empty.
__________________
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW LB 4X4
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My Last FR Product)
20,000 LB Reese GooseBox Hitch
DKRITTER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:47 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
keith52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
The dry weight or UVW is 12670 for the 35CKTS, you said you had a 3060 pin weight and the scales should of given you the weight of you 5er axles. Add together you 5er axles and the pin weight will give you the total weight of your loaded 5er. That is the number I interested in, I passed on buying the 5er thinking it would be lot more than 3060 pin weight and I just wonder how much cargo you had in your 5er.
From the Cat Scale,

Truck alone....
Steer Axle.....4960
Drive Axle.....3720

Truck & Trailer....
Steer Axle.....5040
Drive Axle.....6780
Trailer Axle....11360
Gross Weight.23180
__________________
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:25 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith52 View Post
From the Cat Scale,

Truck alone....
Steer Axle.....4960
Drive Axle.....3720

Truck & Trailer....
Steer Axle.....5040
Drive Axle.....6780
Trailer Axle....11360
Gross Weight.23180
I ruled that one out when I was looking because I thought it would be two heavy but look like it about the same as the one I purchased. With the rear axle weight at 6780 it puts well out of the range of 3/4 ton but it's at the upper end of the 1 ton SRW. Thanks for the numbers.

I wish there was a database of real CAT scale weights.....
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:03 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 119
Mine is 4075 Lbs Trailer loaded with generator
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS

2016 Ford F350 DRW
2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick03hd View Post
Mine is 4075 Lbs Trailer loaded with generator
Just talk to another guy that scaled 35CKTS and his weight in at 3260 pin without generator. I guess that what you get with a well built 5er...
__________________

__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.