Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #1

2017 Cedar Creek Champagne recliners

Anyone having problems with the recliners pleather peeling?
Trying to contact Cedar Creek Customer Service and getting “ please leave a message” any suggestions? Our 1 year warranty expires June 21, 2019.
Getting a little nervous.
Johite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johite View Post
Anyone having problems with the recliners pleather peeling?
Trying to contact Cedar Creek Customer Service and getting “ please leave a message” any suggestions? Our 1 year warranty expires June 21, 2019.
Getting a little nervous.
Have you contacted the selling dealer? That would be the first place to start. At least get the problem documented with the dealer before the warranty expiration date.

I don't have a Cedar Creek, but the problem that you are experiencing has been pretty common among several brands. I own a Columbus, and many of the members of the Columbus owners' group have had that problem, although most have been several years old before they started peeling.

Good luck.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:52 PM   #3

I called Cedar Creek Customer Service. She told me to take pictures and email her. Then call my dealer. They will open the claim, and contact a dealer for replacements or what ever they decide to do. We are traveling the US so we will have to coordinate with our dealership in FL to a Dealer where we will be.
We don’t have much trust in our RV World in Nokomis FL. We will see how it works out.
Thanks for your response.
Johite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:16 PM   #4

I to have a 17 champagne. I have not experienced your problem,and hope i don't. But i have had both the power buttons break. The first one it was under warranty, and they sent me a new one. The second one i was under the extended warranty, they said i need to bring it to my dealer for them to verify it and submit it for coverage and would have to pay $100 deductible, i ordered the part off Amazon for $15 and had it in 3 days. Are you under manufacturer or extended warranty.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #5

I had that problem with ours, in addition to the footrest mechanism failing. I contacted the selling dealer, sent photos, and they took care of it. Several weeks later, a brand new recliner was delivered. Easy peasy
smgelsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #6

All or most of the RV furniture is bonded leather. Looks like leather and smells like leather but it is not. Within 2 years it will deteriorate and peal, flake, etc. They sell the same stuff at other places such as Wayfair so when you replace it, make sure you do not get Bonded Leather products. Even if the dealer or CC replaces it, you will have a problem down the road. I had some of mine recovered (Expensive) but other areas started pealing shortly after. I was full timing when mine started flaking off then I retired and with parking it in FL and the heat, things just got worse every time I went out. I ended up selling the unit but was looking at Lazy Boy, zero wall recliners and a love seat to replace the entire mess. Cloth is also not a bad alternative, just get quality.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:08 PM   #7

Yep! Mine are doing it as well, my dealer is trying to do something so we'll see. We've maybe used this rig 15 times and it stays in enclosed storage. We just can't believe it.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190612_132759.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	207704
Old 06-18-2019, 05:40 PM   #8

I was wondering.

I would assume the FR warantee is expired. However, the chairs were made by someone else likely, they have a longer warantee.

Perhaps dealing with them might be better? Easier!
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
I was wondering.

I would assume the FR warantee is expired. However, the chairs were made by someone else likely, they have a longer warantee.

Perhaps dealing with them might be better? Easier!
May be right, gonna have to look at that
Old 06-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #10

I had EXACT same problem on my 2016 38EL. I contacted Cedar Creek and they said they would REIMBURSE up to 1,500 dollars to repair. I took both backs off and to local upholsterer and he recovered them and added a fold-over flap to both. Total was about $175. Cedar Creek promptly sent check when I presented receipt.

It was (and is) disappointing to be "taken" by the dealer promoting "leather" seats. My upholsterer said he sees it all of the time. It is a little late for us (you and I). but "buyer beware" aptly applies here!

If you want, I can forward e-mails I have with contact info at Cedar Creek. Lemme know - I'll pm them to you.

By the way, the seat backs are easily removed from the base.
IICAPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IICAPN View Post
I had EXACT same problem on my 2016 38EL. I contacted Cedar Creek and they said they would REIMBURSE up to 1,500 dollars to repair. I took both backs off and to local upholsterer and he recovered them and added a fold-over flap to both. Total was about $175. Cedar Creek promptly sent check when I presented receipt.

It was (and is) disappointing to be "taken" by the dealer promoting "leather" seats. My upholsterer said he sees it all of the time. It is a little late for us (you and I). but "buyer beware" aptly applies here!

If you want, I can forward e-mails I have with contact info at Cedar Creek. Lemme know - I'll pm them to you.

By the way, the seat backs are easily removed from the base.
Do you have the theater seats or separate recliners?
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
Shipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #12

It is the same piece as shown in the picture posted by BLKSVT.
IICAPN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek