Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #1

2018 Cedar Creek Hathaway

I purchased a new 2018 Cedar Creek Hathaway unit last year at Tom Johnson Camping World in Marion, North Carolina. The dealer has had it more at their lot than I have had at it my house. There has been an issue for the day it was purchased new. There is water that pours out of the septic line with the valve open or with it closed - changes nothing. I have a video demonstration of what I am talking about. I have reached out to Forest River Cedar Creek warranty department but haven't had a return call yet. Anyone have any ideas what in the world is wrong with this unit? Seriously, the dealer cannot fix it -
lovemyvalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #2

You mean the dealer can't remove one of the bottoms to look and see if the cable is messed up, maybe not connected and then to check the valve itself to see if it is opening and closing?

Are you calling Cedar Creek directly?

Try contacting: Shawna Short, in April she was their East Coast Warranty Rep. Her number is: 260-593-4000 Ext 20386
Her email is: sshort@forestriverinc.com

She was very helpful when I needed a warranty issue solved.

Good Luck,
Mike
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyvalkyrie View Post
Anyone have any ideas what in the world is wrong with this unit? Seriously, the dealer cannot fix it -
They can fix it, they just haven't tried very hard. The gate valve is non-functional, either the valve itself is broken or the pull cable is disconnected from the gate valve. Anyway they slice it they have to pull down the chloroplast to expose the valve and cable assembly. You may be better off just bringing it home and have a mobile tech come to your house and fix it. They have Camping World in their name which may explain some things.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:08 PM   #4

My 2018 36CK2 had the same issue. I brought it home brand new, and I connected the water to the connection labeled FRESH WATER. I heard water running and all things were shut off. WHERE is this running water coming from? I thought it was a bad connection somewhere and was imaging water damaging the internals of our new RV.
Guess what! Some LAIM-BRAIN NITWIT at the factory labeled it wrong. I was actually connected to the BLACK TANK RINSE connection! I opened the black tank dump valve and all kinds of fresh water comes pouring out. MORONS!
So now I must remember to connect my FRESH WATER HOSE to the BLACK TANK RINSE bib, and of coarse when I want to rinse black tank I must connect hose to fresh water bib. What quality control at the factory AND the dealership. What can you expect from dumping a mere $66K !
acvp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by acvp1 View Post
My 2018 36CK2 had the same issue. I brought it home brand new, and I connected the water to the connection labeled FRESH WATER. I heard water running and all things were shut off. WHERE is this running water coming from? I thought it was a bad connection somewhere and was imaging water damaging the internals of our new RV.
Guess what! Some LAIM-BRAIN NITWIT at the factory labeled it wrong. I was actually connected to the BLACK TANK RINSE connection! I opened the black tank dump valve and all kinds of fresh water comes pouring out. MORONS!
So now I must remember to connect my FRESH WATER HOSE to the BLACK TANK RINSE bib, and of coarse when I want to rinse black tank I must connect hose to fresh water bib. What quality control at the factory AND the dealership. What can you expect from dumping a mere $66K !

Do you think some kids got in the dealership and relabeled the water, I can on imagine. A picture would be nice
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by acvp1 View Post

Wouldn’t it be easier to just swap the labels or relabel it?
Iwillbeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Do you think some kids got in the dealership and relabeled the water, I can on imagine. A picture would be nice
No, the guy doing labels cannot read is all.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #8
Charlie & Sue

When I purchased my 2015 Hathaway I also moved from west coast to east coast. Only got warranty work done when the sales dealer contacted FR and arranged for nearest CC dealer some 4 hours away to do the work. It was done rather sloppy and at the same time I had to got to Topeka, IN to replace faded front and rear caps, Orvan Fry at Amish Family RV got the problems fixed as well as other issues I did not know existed. You might want to keep them in mind if you cannot get satisfaction elsewhere. Orvan does only CC's and has daily contact with the factory. While that visit was covered under warranty, any future needs will be directed to him if encountered. Not around the corner for you nor was it for me which is some 4 days travel, but worth every travel penny. you can reach Orvan Fry at 260-593-0951 Ext #1.
mecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #9

Interesting, the label for the black water waste flush on our CC 2019 RL2, is somewhat misleading in its placement. We had to stop and think.....they should have moved it slightly closer to the blank water flush input.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:10 PM   #10
Global Nomad

Mine were mislabeled, also. I just re-labeled them. While I was at it, I labeled all the light switches, which were not labeled, as well as slide controls, which were labeled gray on black, not able to read in dark.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek