Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #1

2020 33ik wood stain color

Need to o a little touch up on the inside and looking to see if anyone may know what brand/color of stain to match the cabinets.
jannjim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:44 PM   #2

Guardsman Furniture Pens

You don't say how big of an area needs repaired or what color your cabinets are, but if it's just a few small scratches, Home Depot (maybe Lowe's) sells Guardsman Furniture repair pens. Even Amazon might have them. Repair with these is just like 'coloring'. I use them all the time. They come in several different colors in sets.

We decided to add a wood cover to the top of our cabinets and stain the front drawer of the garbage can cabinet in our 2020 Hathaway 34IK. The cabinets are a dark espresso color. I found that Minwax's 'Dark Walnut' came really close for that large of areas. Home Depot or Lowe's carries these oil based stains and usually have a sample chart hanging in the vicinity of the stains so you can see what they look like on real wood, although most of the time it's pine or oak. Cedar Creek uses birch, I believe.

If you have a really large area, I'd recommend applying a wood conditioner prior to the stain so the stain goes on evenly and doesn't leave lighter/darker areas.

Hope this helped you out some!
“Hunt, fish, camp, travel, repeat”
Chillaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:53 PM   #3

In my case I contacted Cedar Creek for the color of the stain. CC provided me the name, but could not provide me a small amount for free or purchase. I was not able to match the color at any local hardware or through the internet. Depending on how close a match you need, and the amount, I recommend the following.

Sherwin Williams can duplicate the color for you, but smallest size available is in a pint can. You can take a door in and they'll confirm the wood type, in my case it was maple. You then need to obtain a small sample of the wood from a hardware store. Using the door and wood sample(for testing) they can duplicate the color for you in a couple of days. It cost me $38.00 for the pint can. Matched perfectly.

Hope this helps...
Old 12-07-2019, 04:43 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies...appreciate it. can't find anything that states the color of our cabinets unless the "Peppercorn" interior means anything. They are the darker finish with a grey or black tint to them. The later 2020 spec sheet states the cabinet doors are European Beech...looks like the best bet is to take a door and go down to Sherwin Williams. I have a few corners to be touched up plus I built an "end table" out of poplar about 5" wide that fits between the sofa and wall with a couple of drink holders in it (a honey do). Safe travels...
Old 12-14-2019, 09:37 AM   #5

stain

Take a door or drawer to local Sherwin-Williams Paint Store.

My store did a perfect match on my 2013 Cedar Creek.

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #6

I did just that...got a quart for about $26 that is a good match.