Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #1

3 piece shower door

We have a Cedar Creek 36re with 3 piece shower door. Has anyone taken these doors off? The first door is needing to be re aligned and would like to do a good cleaning on the doors. There is a clip at the top of the door but unable to get it undone.
LvthesunSask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Grandmashome

3 piece shower door

If it is the glass 3 piece shower doors, I had a glass and mirror company come, take the doors out, and they replaced the rubber stripping around the frames. They also reinstalled. Could NOT have done it myself. They had an eye for it.
grandmashome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #3

OK then, as an add-on to this: How do all of you get those three piece glass showers doors clean? I get get my hand or any tool I can find that will get between them. Ours are really needing to be cleaned - getting very spotty.
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #4

We never use the doors the wife got sick of cleaning them and has put a shower curtain in instead.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
Always Learning

I've heard people get them really clean once and then use RainX on them to keep them from getting spotty. Just not sure how the "once" part works.

I know I read someone on here dismantled one. Said they had to take the top track off entirely and went from there. Didn't sound fun or repeatable.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #6

I cleaned ours after every use and I but rainex on them to eliminate the spotting hassle
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #7

Quote:
I cleaned our after every use
OK, now I'm confused. HOW do you clean them after every use? We use a squeegee after every use, but the thing will not go between the doors. I like the RainX idea, but gotta get them clean first!
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #8

Ours is the 3 piece glass. I do use a squeege on it but its trying to get the bit that overlaps. The one door won't close properly as its tight on the top and about 1/2 inch gap on the bottom. Looking like we're going to have to take the doors down to realign. Shower curtain(as much as I don't like them) is looking better
LvthesunSask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #9

I hang my bath towel over the top of the shower door to dry... it hides most of the shower door from view.
sidney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower