Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Pez

31b2 winter living ontario canada

We have a 2012 Silverback 31b2. We are building a new house and was wondring what i would need to do to live in it over the winter. We live in souther ontario canada. Temps get down to -25c. Any info would be great.
Thanks
Pez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #2

My only suggestion would be to build the house in the summer!
But seriously, no camper is made for those temperatures. Rent an apartment until your house is done.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #3

Hey Pez

I'm with you we are doing the same we just bought a 2012 Silverback 35RE-- We are working on heat tape- skirting etc ....I wish you luck--I know you will do the same to us-- We are a little further south and west -in Western Wyoming.... should be an adventure!!
bhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I would hate to have your propane bill . if you are truly going to do it you better contact your local propane company and have them set a 100 lb bottle otherwise you WILL go through almost 2 tanks a week . I live in my unit one year about this time .
it was 30 degrees f at night and 40's and 50's during the day . I had the thermostat set at 65 at night and 50 during the day and I used 1 thirty pounder in 5 days .

just an fyi
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #5

I had a 250 lb tank delivered yesterday..... I know this will be tough- I heat taped the water yesterday- skirting will be done in a few days...
bhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Full time RV'er

How did the winter go? I'm getting ready to renovate a house up here in North Dakota. My wife two kids and myself are going to brave it in a new wildwood until we get the house livable. Any tips to not freezing? Renting a place here just is not an option with this oil boom.
Bradrustan is offline   Reply With Quote