Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #1

32 in. tv in 36re bedroom

I just bought a 2012 Cedar Creek 36RE with optional 32 in. tv in bedroom, is there a way to get to the back panel of the tv to connect dvd player. The tv is enclosed with wood and it appears to me that you have to remove the wood surround to access the tv?
Roger Keach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #2

I have the 2011 36RE and it did not have the 32 option. Does your not have the arm whereas the TV will pull out and slant various positions to give you the flexibility to get behind the TV? If it is sitting within an enclosed wood case I would think the TV would still flex out to position it accordingly for viewing in bed, etc.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #3

My 2012 36RE bedroom TV is on a swing out and/or tilt arm in front of a wood frame. This allows removal of the TV for outside usage.
jwakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #4

Sounds like what our 2011 does except the smaller TV. Mine has the ability to pull out and angle up/down & sideways. If you pull it out you should have access to the back of the TV to plug in your RCA plugs. I leave my cables hooked to the TV and pushed up in the wood frame area when traveling and simply pull them out and plug to the back of a small DVD player sitting on the chest top.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #5

I was told by Lazy Days by a Tech that the 32" TV did not have a mounting bracked and could not be mounted on the outside, like the 19" TV's. It appears to me that the TV is mounted directly to the wall or back of the wood cabinet. The tech at Lazydays said that it appeared that you have to remove the wood cabinet first, than you could get to the mounting bracket that holds the TV to the wall. If this is correct, not much thought was given to mounting the TV.
Roger Keach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #6

32RE BR TV Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Keach View Post
I just bought a 2012 Cedar Creek 36RE with optional 32 in. tv in bedroom, is there a way to get to the back panel of the tv to connect dvd player. The tv is enclosed with wood and it appears to me that you have to remove the wood surround to access the tv?
It is unreal that they would have installed a TV on a mount then framed it in knowing at some point you would need to access the rear? No doubt your RV guy is correct but I believe I would call a CC Tech guy and just address the question. I have called and spoke with them and they seem to be most helpful. Good Luck on a hopeful easier fix than a dismantle.

Tags
bed