Old 08-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #11

I think you will be over the weight limits for your F250 with the 36CKTS.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydngail View Post
I think you will be over the weight limits for your F250 with the 36CKTS.
I don't know. I haven't figured out how to do all the math yet. Any one else have an opinion from the specs?

Old 08-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #13

We have a 34RLSA and we got it because the extra 3' for the 36ckts would have meant we would have to pay for storage when not in use, and I thought it might have been to much for our SRW F-350. The downfall to the 34 is you loose a fair bit of kitchen storage and the change in rear sitting layout. Putting the recliners away when closing the slides is easy but they can only be stored in one way and if they move from the street side to the curb side when stored they can be damaged by the slide opening. The bedroom is also smaller and if you order the king bed option it is very hard to walk around the bed, which we found out after the fact. Ours is a 2013 and has the lift up TV so we still have the window on the street side. Any questions feel free to ask.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #14

The 36CKTS GVWR is 16,500. This will most likely be a pin weight over 3000 lbs. I don't know what your F250 max load weight is. It depends on model and configuration. I doubt that it is 3000lbs however. You should be able to look at tag inside door to find out.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydngail View Post
The 36CKTS GVWR is 16,500. This will most likely be a pin weight over 3000 lbs. I don't know what your F250 max load weight is. It depends on model and configuration. I doubt that it is 3000lbs however. You should be able to look at tag inside door to find out.
clydngail, the GVWR is the max weight for the trailer and all the goodies you add on board. The empty weight is a little over 13K, so one would have to be careful not to overload the trailer with too much stuff. The pin weight is estimated to be about 2400+/-, I think, but that just a guess on their part or it may be based on the empty weight, I'm not sure. I'm a newbie at this, but I think the limitation is definitely going to be weight on the truck, not the towing capacity.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #16

This discussion has brought up one thing I had not previously thought about. That is, access to the fridge when the slides are in. On these three models, which one(s) are the fridge not accessible when the slides are in?
Old 08-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #17
Wayne & Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmainship View Post
This discussion has brought up one thing I had not previously thought about. That is, access to the fridge when the slides are in. On these three models, which one(s) are the fridge not accessible when the slides are in?
I know from experience that you can access fridge with slides in on the 36CKTS- it's a big plus for us. Not sure about 32 & 34 as can only go by floor plans, etc.

Wayne

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2011 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x2 Diesel, added springs
Nights camped: 2014 - 32; 2013 - 23
Wayne & Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #18

We were sent a flyer that showed the 34rl (replaces the 34rlsa). The fridge was moved toward the bedroom so the fridge could be reached with the slides in. Have not seen even a picture of this yet just the floor plan.
Mike and Gwen
Old 08-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #19

Any brochure listed pin weight is based on empty trailer and no add ons. If you want to know real world pin weights, do a search on here for 36CKTS pin weights. You will get some real world examples from people who have actually weighed their rig.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #20

I know on my 34rlsa you can not open the fridge and even if you moved the fridge you would also have to move the island to access the fridge.

Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote