Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2015, 09:02 PM   #1

32RL Cedar Creek

I may trade campers, I got a good deal from Tom Johnson, I just don't know what to do. This camper has been a good one, the next one may not be so good. The new one has a few better features, bigger frig, convection oven,7000 lb axles and G rated tires, what kind I don't know. Only about 1 foot longer, I like the windows in it. Does anyone on here have the 32RL?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:34 AM   #2

I have a 2014 32RL that we bought from Tom Johnson in Marion this fall. So far we are very pleased with the RV and extremely pleased with Tom Johnson. The few issues we have had have been quickly addressed by Tom Johnson. I don't think you can go wrong with the 32RL or with Tom Johnson.
Bbbarker194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #3

I have 33rl Silverback which is almost the same. Mine came w king bed, but, we upgraded mattress to Trump, Serta Home Edition, and a queen vs king. Very easy to make the bed. I would suggest the following: bedroom ac; upgrade your mattress, and get a Trail Air pin box. I had a new 36 ft Keystone for 3 years and went x country. It was a 2011, triple slide. This 2015 Silverback with this pin box pulls like a dream on a bump filled road. Nothing moves inside. Had this 2015 almost a year now and made plenty of 500+ mile trips one way. I am dealing with a hairline gel coat crack and factory is working with me. (Warranty) my concern is WHY did it happen and proper fix. I took the extra year FR warranty and if necessary, will go to Topeka to have this repaired. Good news, retired! Bad news, retired and tired😁! Last 5er we will own. Looking at a max of 4 years left for towing. When I hit 75, maybe a 25ft class A.
I WOULD buy the same unit again.
Ohh, we opted for cloth furniture as we spend a lot of time in HOT, beachy places and prefer fabric.
We had ours built for us last March.

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #4

We also had the king size bed traded out for a Trump queen so we could have the extra space in the bedroom (the dealer took care of this before we completed the purchase).
Old 01-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #5

We have a queen size bed now so we will try to trade out

Old 01-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #6

I guess we will buy the camper, DW is going to make me sign something to the effect that this will be the last camper but at just about 70 it should be the last one anyway.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #7

I think you will be very happy with the camper.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I guess we will buy the camper, DW is going to make me sign something to the effect that this will be the last camper but at just about 70 it should be the last one anyway.

Since you're trading in a 2013 model, your statement about the 32RL being the last one rings a little hollow with me. It sounds more like famous last words.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #9

We have a 2015 32 RL and love it. There has been only minor issues with it. We do a lot of dry camping in the mountains and it has worked out perfect for us. Think you will enjoy your new CC!!
guerhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:49 PM   #10

I hope so the 30RL has been good, we had some trouble with the bedroom slide but my local C/W fixed it. Tom Johnson is selling me the camper but it will be the last time they see the camper, if it needs anything fixed then my local C/W will fix it. It's kinda of a shame that Tom Johnson was sold to C/W. But that's business I guess. I like more windows in the 32RL, that I will enjoy.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #11

This camper has a 18cu ft frig with inverter. How many batteries should be in camper and what volt? Also I want to put vent covers over the vents, should I get Tom Johnson to put them on for me or is it something I should be able to do myself.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #12

We do not have the house style refrigerator with inverter. We have a RV refrigerator that works on electric and/or propane. An RV refrigerator was one of our must haves because we are not always hooked up to electricity. If I had a residential refrigerator, I would add a couple of large solar panels and high capacity batteries to ensure that the refrigerator always had power. As far as the vent covers, the kitchen vent will close if it rains - it has a rain sensor - if rain is the reason you want a vent cover, you may not need one over the kitchen vent. Tom Johnson charges $112.00 per hour. If it is something you are comfortable doing, you can save yourself some money by doing it yourself. If you don't want to be climbing up to and walking around on the roof or are not sure about installing it yourself, let TJ do it.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #13

DW does not like to dry camp, I do but we don't dry camp much.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #14

Spock123, we have the 20 cubic foot in our 38rd. The factory states there should be 4 - 6 volt batteries which gives about 12 hours operation. We have just tried using at home since we have only had the coach for 3 weeks. The only comment is that the 4 batteries leave little room in the battery compartment. Going to be a little hard to check fluid levels but will need a mechanic mirror to see the side batteries since they are hard to see directly. Hope this helps. We are glad to have an all electric refrigerator so that we don't have to turn off when fueling.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:30 PM   #15

Rain sensors will not be effective when cooking as range and convection are NOT vented to outdoors. That is the PRIMARY reason for using vent covers. Try cooking something with the "rain sensored" vent in the closed position.
Let me know how that screaming alarm works for you as the kitchen fills with smoke. Been there, done that. Not good, bad, very bad!

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbbarker194 View Post
I think you will be very happy with the camper.

Do you know how deep where the couch is at. I may take the couch out. There is only two of us, I have a big recliner that I would like to put somewhere.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttanous View Post
Spock123, we have the 20 cubic foot in our 38rd. The factory states there should be 4 - 6 volt batteries which gives about 12 hours operation. We have just tried using at home since we have only had the coach for 3 weeks. The only comment is that the 4 batteries leave little room in the battery compartment. Going to be a little hard to check fluid levels but will need a mechanic mirror to see the side batteries since they are hard to see directly. Hope this helps. We are glad to have an all electric refrigerator so that we don't have to turn off when fueling.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition

You know I have never turned off my frig, it stays on all the time, even at my house. Camper stays plugged in all the time. In winter the heat stays on in camper. But going down the road and in tunnels frig stays on.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
Rain sensors will not be effective when cooking as range and convection are NOT vented to outdoors. That is the PRIMARY reason for using vent covers. Try cooking something with the "rain sensored" vent in the closed position.
Let me know how that screaming alarm works for you as the kitchen fills with smoke. Been there, done that. Not good, bad, very bad!

I have done that too, that's why the vent covers are on my 30RL. But this time I got another color, champagne, looks great, better than black.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerhi View Post
We have a 2015 32 RL and love it. There has been only minor issues with it. We do a lot of dry camping in the mountains and it has worked out perfect for us. Think you will enjoy your new CC!!

I was looking at the tv and I was wondering where the DVD player went and also do you have a satellite receiver and is there space for it? DW can't go anywhere without Direct tv, DW has to be happy.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:54 PM   #20

Can anyone tell me that has the
32rl how wide is the drawers beside the TV. The drawers between the stove and the TV. I have to find somewhere to put my Direct TV receiver, plus my Sony blue-ray 3d player. I may could take the front off the top drawer and replace it with glass or plexiglass. I have to find somewhere to put the Direct TV receiver in at. It does not look like there is anywhere to put the receiver at on top or under the TV so I just thought I could put it in a drawer next to the TV, the top drawer.

Tags
cedar creek