Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #1

33RL Must of been built on a Friday

Have a 6 month old Silverback 33RL. Lots of issues. Staple popped through roof membrane. Both A/Cs. One replaced and one repaired at 2 months. Bed collapsed due to no supports and thin decking. We are average size folks. Refer has high pitch whine when running. Kitchen slide doesn't seal on one side when opened. Several loose moldings. Steps broken. Both large slides showing rippling on the outside walls. Not sure if this is normal or not. Dealer assisting with some problems. After jumping through hoops, Forest River agreed to replace the roof. I am hoping they will address some of the other issues while there. This is my second Cedar Creek product. Will probably be my last.
Notlookinback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #2

We have been lucky with this camper, we have a 2013 Cedar Creek 30RL and it has been great. We have had it for over a year and no problems, we took camper from North Carolina to Yellowstone and camper did great. The camper before that was a Wildcat that I ordered from the factory and when we got the camper it was a Polecat, it gave us nothing but trouble. We brought the camper from Tom Johnson and he had camper more than we did. C
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #3
Plain Old Member

Don't feel bad Notlookinback. We've had our fair share. Front cap cracked and repaired once, replaced the second time, now is cracked again. AC control box crapped, outdoor kitchen door repaired once, now replaced, bedroom slide floor replaced due to big leak thanks to factory not sealing a key part, several plumbing leaks. I could go on and on with more small stuff like the trim and such. Overall though, we're just about to get things ironed out, after we get front cap fixed again. No doubt, this has been one of the most problematic RV's we've owned out of 7, but I know for a fact it can be worse. Dealing with Forest River has been pretty good. They've treated us fair and taken care of everything. Is it aggravating, yes, especially when it's your HOME. Would I buy another Silverback, yes, cautiously. Would I buy another FR product, more than likely so. Mine too, was probably built on a friday or monday, but we're dealing with the issues one at a time. I think in the end, if you give FR / Cedar Creek a chance to make it right, they will, and you could become a satisfied SB owner. Nothing makes me more angry than shucking out over $50k cash, and having to have a bunch of repairs done one after the other. That's the RV industry we're stuck with today. You win some, you lose some. Keep one thing in mind, if you give in, trade in, buy another brand, you might find yourself on that brand's forum with similar or worse problems and comments.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:26 AM   #4

I agree with you 100%. This is my 4th unit and they all have issues. My rep at Cedar Creek is new and seems cautious about offering too much assistance. It will be interesting to see how much help I receive other than the roof issue. My dealer is pretty good though. We too live in our unit and travel full time. Maybe we will see you out there on the road. Heading up to Cedar Creek on for repairs starting on 9/4.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

Didn't know yall were full time as well. I definitely feel your pain. Are yall still in Florida right now? We'll be staying around west central Louisiana for a while, but will be making several short trips here and there for the summer. Will be headed up to Pigeon Forge in a couple of weeks, then Kentucky, then I don't know where after that. Eventually will make it back towards Toledo Bend. I really hope Cedar Creek gets it all taken care of for you. That's a long haul from Florida. We to have made the trip with previous campers.

Not to throw a curve ball in there, but since you're in Florida, have you looked at www.rvroof.com? They are in Florida. I know a Sunseeker owner had problems with his fiberglass roof, and FR approved to have the sprayed roof done opposed to a new fiberglass one. It's actually similar in cost, yet more of a permanent fix and a LOT more durable in my opinion. Pretty much ends the traditional roof maintenance. Just a thought. We're still considering having ours done, but want to make sure we're going to stay in this unit a WHILE where we can justify the cost.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:31 AM   #6

Heading North

No longer in Florida. In S.C. on my way to Indiana. Making a few stops along the way to visit relatives and sightseeing. Thanks for the info on the roof. Had heard of it before but not seen the website. There is at least one mfg offering a rhino liner spray on roof as an option. Guess I'll go with the replacement from F/R at this point. Good luck with your issues. Saw your other post concerning a contact at F/R for a replacement light. I needed a light to replace the one in my closet. Denett Ray took care of it for me. Her # is 260-593-2425. Email is dray@forestriverinc.com