Old 08-27-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
Stupid Lucky

341k faucet flood

Posting this as an FYI. On a 7 hour trip we unintentionally left our water pump in the on position with our fresh water tank registering 1/3 full. When we arrived at our destination we discovered that the kitchen faucet handle had worked to the on position and on the fresh water tank drained. As we had the sink covers over the sink and one of the sinks had the drain plug closed the water flowed over the counter onto our dining room table and then flooded the floor. We diligently dried out the camper to hopefully avoid moisture issues.

Fast forward, next trip was only 90 minutes and we made sure the pump was off but we still had the sink covers in place. Since it was a short trip we pre-filled our fresh water tank. Upon arrival we found that the faucet again worked to the on position and again we had water on the table and floor. The tank did not drain and I think that the water was only what was present in the line to the kitchen sink.

Solution - when we now travel we not only make sure the pump is off but also open up the kitchen faucet to drain the water before we travel. We also remove the sink covers and the drain plugs. This is not ideal but does work.

I did make CC aware of the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faucet.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	213541  
Attached Images

Sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Had the exact same thing happen (second scenario) with a SOB. (some other brand)

We never travel with the lines pressurized but enough water from the hi-rise faucet covered the island. (with the covers in place)

I wound up having to remove the faucet handle and tighten the cartridge in the faucet to keep the weight of the handle lever from opening the faucet during travel. It simply was too loose and didn't have enough pre-load.

TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:37 PM   #3

Orvan brought this up when I talked to him a couple of weeks ago, he said it's happening a lot to people who leave their pump on. Told us to put a band around the handle to the faucet to keep it closed. We always leave the covers off the sink and stowed away but he also said the faucet will also spin around and the water goes directly on the floor as well. Another undocumented feature by Cedar Creek.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #4

Yep happened to us also. Stopped for a potty break and noticed water dripping out next to the steps at a slide seal. Thought "hhmmm not good". My bad for leaving the pump on at the last stop, faucet rotated over the dinette and the handle let it rip from bumps/vibration. Now wife loves to ask if the pump is off (of course as a gent I let her go first" and she puts a Velcro strap around the handle and body during her phase of the get ready to go effort. Gotta laugh sometimes
Old 08-28-2019, 08:38 AM   #5

We had the same issue, different camper, but we solved it by using a neoprene beer coosi, cut the bottom out and slid over the handle and the faucet. Problem solved. We though about a larger rubber band too.
corocky1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:44 AM   #6

Here is a pictureClick image for larger version

Name:	1566999602252.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	213634
corocky1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #7
clr

I have had the same problem with the kitchen faucet that I replaced after problems with the OEM faucet the second time. The hose for the pull out in the OEM faucet would loosen on the road and then leak, you would then have to pull everything out of the way and be a contortionist to tighten.
The new faucet has the same configuration for the handle type water valve. We never travel with the pump on, but the handle did open while on the road. Then when we connected the water hose and turned it on we heard the water running. We now always travel with a band on the handle.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #8

I'm sorry to hear you've had this problem. Kinda gives me a sick feeling knowing water has been going on the floor while in route. A dehumidifier is good for getting rid of residual moisture. Lots of good replies here already; like the tightening of the faucet cartridge best but they all work.
myxkp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:01 PM   #9

This works for us. Even though we have to turn our sink on its side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190902_144618.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	214037  
Old 09-08-2019, 05:10 AM   #10

Faucet Flood

35IK same issue we utilized a couple of rubber bands to hold the handle in the off position, and I added a small blue light to the outside of the coach to the right of the step which when lit indicates the pump is on. It is easy to see when closing the door and also can be seen from the passenger seat of our truck. The rubber band trick was added to my wife's interior checklist.
boomer116ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:27 PM   #11

Wife put one of those hair band things on ours. It works. It's cheap. And having 2 girls in the house, they are always easy to find.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:57 AM   #12

Rubber Band Man here also,flooded us also CC.

ktex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet